Super Smash Bros 3DS (Demo)

Started by BasilZero, Sep 13, 2014, 03:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

BasilZero

Anyone played the demo ;o?

I got my codes yesterday and played it!

I still haz 3 codes :3 lol

Anyways I played all 5 characters - although I have to say I'm disappointed that the X and Y are just jump buttons - cause I use the d-pad to jump anyways like I use the analog/d-pad on the gcn controller (cant remember which XD been such a long time).

It took me a bit to get used to the B button placement for the game but I got a hold of it.

Getting the 3DS version day 1 for sure. Not sure about day 1 on the WiiU version though depending on when it comes out. I'm planning to get the WiiU in November during black friday week.

Villager and Mega Man seem to be pretty good but my favorites like in the past games will always remain Link + Mario :)

Legend

I don't have a 3DS yet :(

How are the graphics on it/how well does the smash experience work on a handheld?

BasilZero

I don't have a 3DS yet :(

How are the graphics on it/how well does the smash experience work on a handheld?

It feels weird compared to playing it on the consoles - mainly on how the buttons are placed for me.

Although its quite fluid with no visual issues. The visuals were quite nice along with the animations - although they didnt have the option to turn off the black outlines on the characters in the demo but I hear it is possible on the actual game itself which is good although personally it didnt bother me.

On the demo itself - They only have single player mode versus up to 3 bots on one stage. They also support the local co-op but dont know anyone who has a 3DS around my area lol. They have "tips" which I didnt even bother looking at. Everything else is locked and unplayable.

You get 5 characters to play as: Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager and Mega Man with like 4-5 colors I think if I remember right :P. I like some of the items introduced to the game though.

Although I think I'll probably enjoy the WiiU version more though.

Still, getting both :).

darkknightkryta

I haven't updated my 3DS in years.  I can't access the eshop :(

BasilZero

I haven't updated my 3DS in years.  I can't access the eshop :(

You should ;o

Not like there are any decently/safely running flash cards like the R4 to emulate 3DS games.

Proxy-Pie

I have, it's a LOT better than what I've expected. It controls smoothly, and I'm not too worried about button placement, as they'll be customizable in the full release. Not like I'm gonna change them anyway, I actually like them like this XP
Do you still have those 3 codes in your possession? A few friends of mine could use them (:

BasilZero

I have, it's a LOT better than what I've expected. It controls smoothly, and I'm not too worried about button placement, as they'll be customizable in the full release. Not like I'm gonna change them anyway, I actually like them like this XP
Do you still have those 3 codes in your possession? A few friends of mine could use them (:

I have one left - gave two of them to my friends I've known and played games with for years :o.

Btw...who are you o.O?

Legend

I have one left - gave two of them to my friends I've known and played games with for years :o.

Btw...who are you o.O?

He's MohammadBadir

Proxy-Pie

Btw...who are you o.O?

As Legend said, I am MohammadBadir from VGC.
You left VGC before I started using this particular person as my avatar :P

If you don't need that code, I could definitely use it! (:

BasilZero

As Legend said, I am MohammadBadir from VGC.
You left VGC before I started using this particular person as my avatar :P

If you don't need that code, I could definitely use it! (:

Ooooh :o.

I know you :P

I sent code via PM.

Proxy-Pie

Glad it rings a bell!
Thanks so much! I appreciate it.

Proxy-Pie

I know it's a bit late to ask, but is this NA or EU? XD

BasilZero

Sep 16, 2014, 01:02 PM Last Edit: Sep 16, 2014, 01:14 PM by BasilZero

I know it's a bit late to ask, but is this NA or EU? XD

NA, is that a issue o.O?

Edit: Oh you live in Israel/Palestine....uhh I guess that means my code wont work lol.

Proxy-Pie

NA, is that a issue o.O?

Edit: Oh you live in Israel/Palestine....uhh I guess that means my code wont work lol.

Nah, it'll work, my friend actually has an NA 3DS.
We won't get to play multiplayer together (dang you region lock!), but atleast he'll get to play (:

BasilZero

Nah, it'll work, my friend actually has an NA 3DS.
We won't get to play multiplayer together (dang you region lock!), but atleast he'll get to play (:

Ooh ok thats great!

Yeah the region lock is just bs :(