Days Gone new stuff!

Started by Dr. Pezus, Jan 17, 2019, 05:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Decent trailer, but sounds like this was just introducing the different types of open world busy work they have? Kind of weird to do that, but whatever.

Game still hasn't grabbed me, doubt I'm buying it at this point.

the-pi-guy

I don't know what it is about Days Gone, but I just haven't been very interested in it.  Maybe just because I'm not really sure what to expect out of it.  Maybe because it doesn't feel like a new thing, just doesn't have a personality if it's own.  
With Ghost of Tsushima, I had immediate interest. I know I am getting that game, probably regardless of how it does critically.  Yet with this, I still feel like there's no chance I'm buying it. (Unless it really surprises)

I will say though the trailer raised my interest quite a bit.  Really cool to see quite a bit of variety in the environments.  

Xevross

I don't know what it is about Days Gone, but I just haven't been very interested in it.  Maybe just because I'm not really sure what to expect out of it.  Maybe because it doesn't feel like a new thing, just doesn't have a personality if it's own.  
With Ghost of Tsushima, I had immediate interest. I know I am getting that game, probably regardless of how it does critically.  Yet with this, I still feel like there's no chance I'm buying it. (Unless it really surprises)

I will say though the trailer raised my interest quite a bit.  Really cool to see quite a bit of variety in the environments.  

Are you me?

the-pi-guy

Are you me?
I think we established long ago, the answer is:
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Probably. <br>

BananaKing

I started watching the trailer, liked it, and didn't want to spoil too much for myself. I'll be getting this later on when the price drops. Still have GoW to play. Then to get Spiderman. And other games on my backlog.

Legend

I think this game has the potential to be great as a casual game. It's not god of war and probably won't get amazing review scores but the zombies look fun to kill. There are many different ways to approach fights so it could make fun youtube videos too.

darkknightkryta

Looks about as good as Second Son.  I'll eventually get it, story telling looks good.

Xevross

This is a better video. Bike stuff seems pretty cool.

the-pi-guy

Awesome stuff.  

Interest rising every little bit.

Dr. Pezus

Cool to shoot up mud at the zombies lulz

DerNebel

Even if Days Gone isn't going to be generation defining like something like God of War was for instance, I still expect it to turn out to be a good to very good game.

I also expect it to be very successful financially, securing their position among Sony's studios, while allowing them to expand further for Days Gone's sequel as well as the new IP, that they are apparently already hiring for (though I'm still sceptical about that).

All of this seems very positive to me. We are essentially witnessing the rebirth of a AAA studio for SIE.

Xevross

Even if Days Gone isn't going to be generation defining like something like God of War was for instance, I still expect it to turn out to be a good to very good game.

I also expect it to be very successful financially, securing their position among Sony's studios, while allowing them to expand further for Days Gone's sequel as well as the new IP, that they are apparently already hiring for (though I'm still sceptical about that).

All of this seems very positive to me. We are essentially witnessing the rebirth of a AAA studio for SIE.
I want it to be successful but not so successful that they make sequels. Open world zombie games like this have never interested me, I'd like to see them making something else.

In any case, I expect about inFamous SS levels of success for this; low 80s meta and a few million sold.

DerNebel

I want it to be successful but not so successful that they make sequels. Open world zombie games like this have never interested me, I'd like to see them making something else.

In any case, I expect about inFamous SS levels of success for this; low 80s meta and a few million sold.
Of course they'll make sequels to this.

You don't spend this amount of time and resources on an IP to just leave it behind after one iteration, unless it completely fails.

Also I expect it to sell notably better than Infamous SS