PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

keep it Greek mythology please. its the most interesting by far.
not when it's been done to death in games, movies and everything else. Norse mythology is practically unexplored in Western media besides a few references from Marvel. Also, it really is interesting!!

BananaKing

not when it's been done to death in games, movies and everything else. Norse mythology is practically unexplored in Western media besides a few references from Marvel. Also, it really is interesting!!

yet id still prefer greek mythology. dont get me wrong, as long as i get to fight huge monsters and titan-sized creatures in the games ill be happy.

Dr. Pezus

yet id still prefer greek mythology. dont get me wrong, as long as i get to fight huge monsters and titan-sized creatures in the games ill be happy.
No lack of those in Norse mythology :-D

Raven

keep it Greek mythology please. its the most interesting by far.

All of the gods and titans are dead. Most of the other forces outside of those groups, like the Fates and the Furies, are also dead. At this point what else could they possibly do with the Greek mythology that wouldn't be incredibly eye-rolling?

darkknightkryta

All of the gods and titans are dead. Most of the other forces outside of those groups, like the Fates and the Furies, are also dead. At this point what else could they possibly do with the Greek mythology that wouldn't be incredibly eye-rolling?

There's more or less just enough left over for one more game.  Depends what they really want to do with the story at this point though. 

Raven

There's more or less just enough left over for one more game.  Depends what they really want to do with the story at this point though. 

Eh. At this point whatever is left would be battleship Greek figures no one knows or cares about. I think the whole Greek thing has been played out. A new setting is a safer bet than trying to squeeze the last couple tasteless drops out of the Greek pantheon.

Dr. Pezus

darkknightkryta

Eh. At this point whatever is left would be battleship Greek figures no one knows or cares about. I think the whole Greek thing has been played out. A new setting is a safer bet than trying to squeeze the last couple tasteless drops out of the Greek pantheon.

They still have to deal with Athena.  There's just enough left to tie up the story.

Raven

They still have to deal with Athena.  There's just enough left to tie up the story.

I would rather Athena be used to start a new conflict with a different set of gods or maybe something entirely different. I really don't think another game about Greek mythology will get people excited. A lot more things make a game than just setting, but a lot of people I spoke to were just done with the whole Greek thing after the third console game. The story is more or less tied up. dang near everyone of note in Greek mythology was murdered. Athena is really the only one left but she's technically dead. You can easily fit her into a story that has nothing to with Olympus and then end the baby in the same game. I just worry that if Santa Monica shows us the same general setting we've now seen in six God of War of games that people will just go, "Oh. It's just another God of War game with a Greek tragedy, an incredibly macho murderous womanizer, and all the stuff that comes with the period". I'm with Banana though. If you can give me a game about fighting divine beings and gigantic monsters with tons of brutal deaths and some bare female skin... sign me up.

Rorono

Weren't we going to get Gravity rush 2 related news in February?

the-pi-guy

darkknightkryta

I would rather Athena be used to start a new conflict with a different set of gods or maybe something entirely different. I really don't think another game about Greek mythology will get people excited. A lot more things make a game than just setting, but a lot of people I spoke to were just done with the whole Greek thing after the third console game. The story is more or less tied up. dang near everyone of note in Greek mythology was murdered. Athena is really the only one left but she's technically dead. You can easily fit her into a story that has nothing to with Olympus and then end the baby in the same game. I just worry that if Santa Monica shows us the same general setting we've now seen in six God of War of games that people will just go, "Oh. It's just another God of War game with a Greek tragedy, an incredibly macho murderous womanizer, and all the stuff that comes with the period". I'm with Banana though. If you can give me a game about fighting divine beings and gigantic monsters with tons of brutal deaths and some bare female skin... sign me up.

I never said they shouldn't or won't go into other mythologies, I Just said there's enough for one last game.  Whether that means it leads into Egypt, for instance, or not.  No clue.

Raven

I never said they shouldn't or won't go into other mythologies, I Just said there's enough for one last game.  Whether that means it leads into Egypt, for instance, or not.  No clue.

If they go into other mythologies I think they'll continue the franchise beyond one more title. If only one more God of War game, period, is what you're talking about. Hell, for a while there I thought God of War was done but here we are. :P

Mmm_fish_tacos

I feel I'm the only one that like HS over Gow

Dr. Pezus

I feel I'm the only one that like HS over Gow
Probably...lol
I really liked the narrative in HS though. Great voice acting (especially Andy Serkis ofc)

Go Up