Christmas TV and Gaming thread!

Started by darkknightkryta, Dec 02, 2014, 01:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Christmas!

Batman Returns, Batman: Arkahm Origins, Batman: Christmas with the Joker, Batman: Holiday Knights, Justice League: Comfort and Joy
0 (0%)
Charlie Brown Christmas (Both)
1 (33.3%)
X-men: Have Yourself a Morlock Little Christmas
0 (0%)
Christopher the Christmas Tree
0 (0%)
Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer
0 (0%)
Frosty the Snowman
0 (0%)
Muppets Christmas Carol (My favourite)
1 (33.3%)
A Christmas Carol (That DIC cartoon one)
0 (0%)
Futurama Christmas Specials (All of them)
0 (0%)
Simpsons Christmas Specials (All of them)
1 (33.3%)
Power Puff Girls Christmas Special
0 (0%)
Flinstone Christmas Specials
0 (0%)
Tiny Toons Christmas Special
0 (0%)
Animaniacs Christmas Special
0 (0%)
Fleischer Studios Christmas Cartoons
0 (0%)
Pinky and the Brain Christmas Special
0 (0%)
The Nightmare Before Christmas.
0 (0%)
The Nutcracker (Live Action, Really good cartoon movie, Carebears multipart episode)
0 (0%)
Kim Possible: A Very Possible Christmas
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Linked Events

Go Down

kitler53

I didn't really like it, but I'll save my commentary until after you watch it.

Elf is goat though. Family has memorized so many quotes from it.
somehow I have never seen elf. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Watch Klaus on Netflix, you goofs.  

kitler53

Watch Klaus on Netflix, you goofs.  
i did last year.  i plan to again but first i'm going to watch the christmas chronicles 2.

i also have about 30 dvd to watch.  if you haven't watched emmett otters jugband christmas you are wrong.

darkknightkryta

I think I'm going to resume Frozen Wilds soon.  That and Arkham Origins.

darkknightkryta

Not sure if anyone has used Tubi before, but it's got a ton of Christmas specials.  It even has that weird Nutcracker cartoon (Not the Nutcracker prince) with the mouse that has like 6 heads.

Legend

I watched Underwater. Totally a Christmas film.

darkknightkryta

Finished Muppets Christmas Carol.  It's probably still the best rendition on film.

kitler53

Finished Muppets Christmas Carol.  It's probably still the best rendition on film.
oh yes, that one is amazing.

had "sleep over" weekend in with the kids.  got though a ton of shows:
- frosty the snowman
- rudolph the red nosed reindeer
- small one
- pluto's xmas tree
- mickey xmas carol
- spongebob xmas
- the grinch (classic version)
- cory carson's christmas
- captain underpants xmas
- creature comforts xmas

...probably 1 or 2 more that is what i can remember.  

elf and last xmas arrived from the mail.  i'll probably watch last xmas tonight.

darkknightkryta

Finished Batman Returns.  So good.

Legend

Hey kitler, have you watched elf or last christmas yet?

I watched Mulan. Would have been an ok movie imo if it was new, but as a Mulan remake it was pure trash. Trailers made me expect a more grounded story lol.

kitler53

Hey kitler, have you watched elf or last christmas yet?

I watched Mulan. Would have been an ok movie imo if it was new, but as a Mulan remake it was pure trash. Trailers made me expect a more grounded story lol.
not sure what mulan has to do with xmas...

...but yes.  watched both this weekend.   i've seen bits and pieces of elf before but this is my first time watching it start to finish.  pretty good but at the same time i feel like the hype for this movie is a bit extreme.   it's a wonderful idea for a movie but i feel like it could have been executed better.    ....but maybe it's a bit of me watching the movie for the first time 17 years late.  and i still think she's hot but oh my was zooey deschanel hot in this movie. 

last christmas was critically trashed but has a high user rating on rotten tomatoes.  i'm not quite sure why the critical reception was soo bad because personally i thought it was great.  I highly appreciate it had some originality to it unlike most xmas movies these days that are just modernized takes of the classics like "the christmas carol" or "it's a wonderful life".  emilia clark had a great performance.   not in the competition for my favorite xmas movies ever but certainly in the 2nd teir.

my only problem with it is...
Spoiler for Hidden:
...much like with "the sixth sense" i figured out the plot twist really early.  i figured it out when she went to the homeless shelter for the first time and the young worker had clear implications as being introduced as a second love interest.  my wife however was completely blind-sided by the reveal.  she groaned a bit after the movie that someone took the song far to literally.   

Legend

I watched Alien yesterday. Great Christmas film.

darkknightkryta

@Legend with all his "Christmas" movies.  Watch Die Hard atleast!

Legend

@Legend with all his "Christmas" movies.  Watch Die Hard atleast!
Why would I do that? It's not even a Christmas film.

kitler53

Dec 24, 2020, 06:31 PM Last Edit: Dec 25, 2020, 01:38 PM by kitler53
when I was a kid my mom would put 6 movies into the dvd player and we were forced to watch them all.  it was a horrible experience but I had a very unloving family so I suppose it was better than having to interact with them.

I made a joke about it to my wife and my kids latched onto it as the best thing ever... 

1. yogi bear Xmas
2. flintstone Xmas carol
3. xmas yoga
4. aurthur xmas

so we only got to 4 as a family.   ...by my wife and i watch xmas chronicles 2 in the evening.

Go Up