Amy Hennig has started indie studio, staying indie, aiming for 6-15 staff, thinking about VR games

Started by Legend, Jun 28, 2018, 04:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Amy Hennig has started indie studio, staying indie, aiming for 6-15 staff, thinking about VR games | ResetEra

The other thread was mostly about the Star Wars game, so I thought one about Amy Hennig's new studio would be appropriate.

Eurogamer said:  
"I'm working independently and staying independent. I just started my own small little independent studio and am consulting with some people. I'm hoping to bring some people on board, I would love to have a little company of about six to eight people, 15 at the most, and do some more projects, do some VR stuff - I'm consulting with some VR companies and doing a ton of research because I haven't played a lot to immerse myself in it.Click to expand...
Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...hennig-has-departed-ea-to-set-up-indie-studio  

Xevross

Good for her, I bet she's fed up of being screwed by corporates.

Legend

Good for her, I bet she's fed up of being screwed by corporates.
It'll be really interesting to see what game she makes. Uncharted was definitely her work but it had so many people contributing. Here she'll have a lot more control.

the-pi-guy

nnodley

This is gonna keep happening with more and more people from the industry and people just starting a career in the industry.  It's riskier to go independent, but the battleship in the industry is going to keep turning people away from AAA careers.  

I sure as hell don't want to go into AAA at this point.

Xevross

This is gonna keep happening with more and more people from the industry and people just starting a career in the industry.  It's riskier to go independent, but the battleship in the industry is going to keep turning people away from AAA careers.  

I sure as hell don't want to go into AAA at this point.
Hopefully we get more smaller studios, maybe Housemarque size, that keep making great games but don't have to crunch or put their staff under poor conditions to do it. Large indies or A/ AA games are definitely missing fro the industry right now.

nnodley

Hopefully we get more smaller studios, maybe Housemarque size, that keep making great games but don't have to crunch or put their staff under poor conditions to do it. Large indies or A/ AA games are definitely missing fro the industry right now.
Yeah I'm hoping my studio here will eventually get to the point of putting larger indie titles that don't break the bank and can sustain us over the course of releases.  We also have other types of non gaming projects as well for funding.