How Many People Here Are Excited For Dreams PS4?

Started by GribbleGrunger, Mar 15, 2019, 02:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

GribbleGrunger

Easy enough question to ease my way back into posting here.

Dr. Pezus

I am intrigued more than excited for now

GribbleGrunger

I am intrigued more than excited for now
What do you know of it?

the-pi-guy

I'm interested.  Not quite excited yet.  

Need to see some more gameplay (user created and in-house) .  Though what Ive seen is incredible.

Dr. Pezus

What do you know of it?
I've seen videos and stuff throughout development

GribbleGrunger

I'm interested.  Not quite excited yet.  

Need to see some more gameplay (user created and in-house) .  Though what Ive seen is incredible.

I actually put a short vid together just to show the graphical prowess of Dreams PS4. Having used the beta, I can safely say Dreams offers some solid gameplay and well thought out content.

Legend

I'm really excited for it. The beta alone had so many crazy awesome levels.

The big thing I worry about is gameplay. I am truly blown away by what is possible in dreams but I worry that creators will be focused on making visual experiences that play horribly. Dreams will be perfect for rapidly prototyping experimental ideas so hopefully that isn't the case.

GribbleGrunger

I'm really excited for it. The beta alone had so many crazy awesome levels.

The big thing I worry about is gameplay. I am truly blown away by what is possible in dreams but I worry that creators will be focused on making visual experiences that play horribly. Dreams will be perfect for rapidly prototyping experimental ideas so hopefully that isn't the case.
I wouldn't worry too much. The games I posted in the video above (towards the end) play very nicely. The most fully rounded game, 'Marbelous' takes around 45 minutes to an hour to complete, plays exceptionally well, has brilliant level layouts and has a fully fledged menu and selection screen. It's the perfect example of what is possible ... in SIX weeks.

Xevross

The beta made me very excited but also worried. Some levels are awesome but all the awesome ones were platformers and everything else kind of sucked. I'm sure with time the gameplay will improve, but this game needs a big impressive launch to make a name for itself.

SWORDF1SH

Really excited for this. I love the variety and how lightning quick and smooth everything is going from one game to the next.
The MM guys are really talented.

BananaKing

Not at all. It's just not my type of game.

GribbleGrunger

Not at all. It's just not my type of game.
I see this comment and I just don't understand it at all. You don't like ANY games, music, art, animations, films at all? I'll ask this another way: are there any other development tools and engines you don't like? Would you refuse to buy a game if it was made in Unity or would you just play the game and judge the developer, not the tools?

Dreams is literally for everyone. There isn't a single person who Dreams doesn't cater for. I think, and this isn't a slight in any way, people STILL have not quite grasped what Dreams is. It's a fully fledged development tool capable of making top notch AA titles. It's NOT a game.

BananaKing

I see this comment and I just don't understand it at all. You don't like ANY games, music, art, animations, films at all? I'll ask this another way: are there any other development tools and engines you don't like? Would you refuse to buy a game if it was made in Unity or would you just play the game and judge the developer, not the tools?

Dreams is literally for everyone. There isn't a single person who Dreams doesn't cater for. I think, and this isn't a slight in any way, people STILL have not quite grasped what Dreams is. It's a fully fledged development tool capable of making top notch AA titles. It's NOT a game.
It's basically an engine. Im paying money for access to games that players create. I'd rather pay money for games professional Devs create with better quality and devotion. I have no interest in making my own creation in dreams. There is no set high Quality gameplay to create maps for like LBP or mod nation racers. Where the gameplay is already fun and players can create maps with unique ideas. No, it's all built from ground up by players. So no thanks, I'll spend my money else where on something better. The tech behind dreams is fantastic no doubt. But I want to play, not develop

GribbleGrunger

It's basically an engine. Im paying money for access to games that players create. I'd rather pay money for games professional Devs create with better quality and devotion. I have no interest in making my own creation in dreams. There is no set high Quality gameplay to create maps for like LBP or mod nation racers. Where the gameplay is already fun and players can create maps with unique ideas. No, it's all built from ground up by players. So no thanks, I'll spend my money else where on something better. The tech behind dreams is fantastic no doubt. But I want to play, not develop
I will guarantee you'll change your mind  :D

BananaKing

I will guarantee you'll change your mind  :D
Trust me. I 100% will not.