Mass Effect Andromeda Review Thread 73 OC (113 reviews), 70 MC (54 reviews)

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 20, 2017, 02:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ethomaz

Looks like the issue is bigger because there is a trophy that you can't get if you choose a male character or something like that.

Xevross

Looks like the issue is bigger because there is a trophy that you can't get if you choose a male character or something like that.
The trophy is for romancing three characters but there's only two male options for make Ryder, while all other genders and orientations have at least 3. That by itself doesn't really bother me, it's only a trophy.

nnodley

There is definitely a lot of busy work in this game.  They sure didn't learn from DA: I.  Lucky for me I liked a lot of the content in Inquisition and i'm liking most in Andromeda.

They did learn on collectables though as far as I can tell.  Not really seeing many and there isn't any trophies for any either.

SWORDF1SH

Aura7541

nnodley

So nnodley, is 75 justified or not?
Hmm it's tough to say.  It's definitely not as good as ME 1-3, but I am super intrigued by all the new remnant stuff and the new aliens.  The planets you get to go to are pretty great.  Combat is by far my favorite of the series.  It's super fluid despite some frame drops i've noticed.   However the dragon age inquisition busy work is back in Andromeda.  I'm liking most of the quests though so it's not been a big deal so far.

At this time I'd give it an 8.5ish.  I haven't really noticed but a few graphical glitches or animation glitches.  Yeah the animations are awkward at time, but they are not the worst I've seen.

nnodley

The busy work in this game is really getting somewhat annoying after 30 hours.  Most of it is decent stuff, but my lord right now on a single planet I have over 10 missions opened up.  Sometimes it is overwhelming what I want to do.

Aura7541

I think this video is worth sharing. The dude goes through what he thinks is wrong with the facial animations without making fun of the game.

nnodley

I'm still just 36% complete over 35 hours.  This game has so much stuff and not in the best way either.  I'd still keep it at an 8.5 so far.  The only thing keeping it from being better is having less busy work.  

BananaKing

I'm still just 36% complete over 35 hours.  This game has so much stuff and not in the best way either.  I'd still keep it at an 8.5 so far.  The only thing keeping it from being better is having less busy work.  
Is the "busy work" good? Is it bad? Is it necessary?

nnodley

Is the "busy work" good? Is it bad? Is it necessary?
I would say it's a pretty even split between good and bad.  Most of the good ones pertain to stuff like the new aliens or crew missions or remnant.  The vast majority of the bad/worse ones are definitely not necessary.  You might randomly be roaming on a planet and come up on a few side missions or tasks that really have nothing to do with the story at all and are just random fetch quests.

BananaKing

I would say it's a pretty even split between good and bad.  Most of the good ones pertain to stuff like the new aliens or crew missions or remnant.  The vast majority of the bad/worse ones are definitely not necessary.  You might randomly be roaming on a planet and come up on a few side missions or tasks that really have nothing to do with the story at all and are just random fetch quests.
Eh that's not so bad. If it isn't crucial to progression in any way then it's not something I can hold against the game.

nnodley

Eh that's not so bad. If it isn't crucial to progression in any way then it's not something I can hold against the game.
yeah most are skippable, but the more you do the more viability points you get and higher viability percentage you get for each planet.  There are more than enough to get all planets to 100% easily.  Couple things can add up to 40% viability.   I think they just went overboard a little bit on them, but I do like most of them I've played so far.

Raven

Legend

Go Up