Take Two is acquiring Zynga in deal worth $12.7 billion

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 10, 2022, 02:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Take-Two to acquire all the outstanding shares of Zynga for a total value of $9.861 per share - $3.50 in cash and $6.361 in shares of Take-Two common stock, implying an enterprise value of $12.7 billion Transaction represents a 64% premium to Zynga's closing share price on January 7, 2022 Establishes Take-Two as one of the largest publishers of mobile games, the fastest-growing segment of the interactive entertainment industry

Take-Two and Zynga to Combine, Bringing Together Best-in-Class Intellectual Properties and a Market-Leading, Diversified Mobile Publishing Platform, to Enhance Positioning as a Global Leader in Interactive Entertainment | Business Wire

Legend

I thought zynga was dying?

Also that's a lot of money.

the-pi-guy

I thought zynga was dying?
I never hear about them, but as weird as it is, they're doing better than ever apparently.

Bigger revenue than ever, their operating income is apparently less (negative) than during what I would have called their hayday.

kitler53

seems like an odd marriage to me. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I never hear about them, but as weird as it is, they're doing better than ever apparently.

Bigger revenue than ever, their operating income is apparently less (negative) than during what I would have called their hayday.
Wow Don Mattrick on wikipedia is "best known as former Zynga ceo". That's sure not true!

Guess I last read about them around his departure in 2015.