Massive work in progress Grand Theft Auto 6 leak

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 18, 2022, 01:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

kitler53

In the corners of the internet i traverse I don't see this as a big deal if real.  I've seen so many remarks like "pre alpha GTA IV > post patch cyber punk".  People seem genuinely excited about this footage.  GTA will once again be massive release when it comes. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Sep 18, 2022, 03:18 PM Last Edit: Sep 18, 2022, 03:20 PM by Legend
That's crazy.

Cool to see that the game is actually real and online stuff hasn't taken over too much.

Wonder if the code will eventually spill out and go public.

In the corners of the internet i traverse I don't see this as a big deal if real.  I've seen so many remarks like "pre alpha GTA IV > post patch cyber punk".  People seem genuinely excited about this footage.  GTA will once again be massive release when it comes.
Funny seeing the people sliding around while sitting.

Game will be huge unless they make it too scripted.

Legend

This is the biggest leak ever imo. The hacker has apparently been payed $100,000 for GTAV source code.

the-pi-guy

This is the biggest leak ever imo. The hacker has apparently been payed $100,000 for GTAV source code.
There have been some notable leaks in the past.
But this is pretty crazy.
Source code, plus they had like close to 100 videos on the game.

I feel like it's notable when a big game gets even a couple cutscenes leaked, let alone source code and everything else that's here.

kitler53

Sep 18, 2022, 11:42 PM Last Edit: Sep 18, 2022, 11:44 PM by kitler53
If he sells he will quickly be caught.   Can't hide that kind of money.

,..well,.  China.  Fukting chinese would steal it then sue TT for copywrite infringement. 

Legend

If he sells he will quickly be caught.   Can't hide that kind of money.

,..well,.  China.  Fukting chinese would steal it then sue TT for copywrite infringement.
Crypto. So easy nowadays.

But he'll be caught either way.
There have been some notable leaks in the past.
But this is pretty crazy.
Source code, plus they had like close to 100 videos on the game.

I feel like it's notable when a big game gets even a couple cutscenes leaked, let alone source code and everything else that's here.
Love the story about the half life 2 leaker. Was offered a job by Valve just so they could get him into America and arrest him, but Germany arrested him at the airport.

kitler53

obligatory rockstar response post.

Legend

obligatory rockstar response post.

Has Rockstar received negative press for this? They come across as victims asking for public support.

In a sense it's refreshingly honest, but normally I'd expect PR to brush it off as if leaks don't hurt.

the-pi-guy

Legend

It's crazy he's only 17.

BananaKing

It's crazy he's only 17.
He also managed to fudge up his entire life. Was it really worth it?

kitler53

He also managed to fudge up his entire life. Was it really worth it?