Death loop |OT| see the MC: 89

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 27, 2021, 01:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Some of Xevs thoughts in my own words:

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>The trailers don&#39;t accurately portray the game. There isn&#39;t much of a puzzle. You do a quest to figure out where and when to take someone out. <br><br>The general impression is that the game is very good but not great. <br><br>

Legend

I have a major bug where 2 times so far I have paused during a loop and then not been able to unpause. Have to restart the game and lose progress.

Structure is not at all what I was expecting. It's a very odd mix of concepts unlike anything else. It felt like the tutorial lasted 5 hours.

Really happy with it. This is a cool game focused on story/combat and not repeating runs like a roguelite.

Legend

Some of Xevs thoughts in my own words:

Spoiler for Hidden:

The trailers don't accurately portray the game. There isn't much of a puzzle. You do a quest to figure out where and when to take someone out.

The general impression is that the game is very good but not great.

Now that I'm well into the game I had the confidence to check out his comments.

It's really interesting. The lore of the world is a huge massive puzzle that I should have been putting more focus on. The game gives you very little and as the player you need to figure it out. Almost like Myst for example. It can be very confusing at times.

The gameplay however is really structured. I'm pretty sure you can do things independently but it's essentially a traditional immersive sim. You decide how to approach things but the game pulls you along from level to level. It's so so so much nicer than what the trailers set up and avoids what I worried about.

I'm really intrigued and hope it's amazing. The one thing I worry is that the time loop will fall apart and just have a traditional ending. If your goal is to kill everyone in one loop, then the entire rest of the game is to just discover where/when to kill them. It's just recon.

Maybe there will be many ways to end the loop.
Loops before the final loop are not just recon like Outer Wilds. Instead the time loop is more complicated. Killing a target before the final loop is often a valuable thing to do.

So far I'd rate this above Prey and probably a 90+. Dialogue is incredible, the world is incredible, the combat is incredible, and the loop structure is pretty good. It lacks the weight of a game like God of War, but it's equally good at being what it wanted to be imo.

Legend

I have not finished the game, but I have had the opportunity to kill everyone OUTSIDE of the main story. I want to do the main thing the devs want, but I'm really curious what would have happened if I went through with the opportunity I found.

Not sure how much of the game is left. I could be minutes away, or it could be hiding more. Will play again later so don't worry about my post timings spoiling things.

Legend

Didn't really like the ending. Will try some other things out. Lots I still want to do.

Legend

Wait I had a glitch that stopped the final third of quests. Was actually really nice since I had to figure things out myself. Seems the world is "real" and in general you don't need the quests.

Had a fair amount of minor and a couple glitches. Would drop it a point for that.

88 feels really fair for the game.

Legend

I guess I just learned there's a hate campaign against this game? Youtube is full of people wanting it to fail.  Why can't people just not suck?

Anyway was a bit disappointed in the end game. I had a fair number of mysteries left but almost all of them were pointless. They just give you mediocre weapons not story, outside of one exception.

kitler53

I guess I just learned there's a hate campaign against this game? Youtube is full of people wanting it to fail.  Why can't people just not suck?

Anyway was a bit disappointed in the end game. I had a fair number of mysteries left but almost all of them were pointless. They just give you mediocre weapons not story, outside of one exception.

i hate that this game exists and i want it to fail...

no, i'm just still bitter that MS bought a fudgy publisher with soo many franchises with decades of multiplatform releases.   its fudgy BS and deathloop is just fodder.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

no, i'm just still bitter that MS bought a fudgy publisher with soo many franchises with decades of multiplatform releases.   its fudgy BS and deathloop is just fodder.
Hating on a game Sony bought because Microsoft bought the devs, impressive.

It is so weird. Start of this gen it looked like Sony would be super close to Bethesda and now Deathloop and Ghostwire might be the last Bethesda games to release on PS5.

kitler53

Hating on a game Sony bought because Microsoft bought the devs, impressive.

It is so weird. Start of this gen it looked like Sony would be super close to Bethesda and now Deathloop and Ghostwire might be the last Bethesda games to release on PS5.
well i'm not fan of timed exclusives either.   i'm just fudgy tired of the BS in the industry right now.   this shame might be legal but it isn't moral.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

no, i'm just still bitter that MS bought a fudgy publisher with soo many franchises with decades of multiplatform releases.   its fudgy BS and deathloop is just fodder.
Whats sad is how MS will most likely mismanage Bethesda just like they mismanaged their entire first party. What makes it even sadder was that Bethesda was growing at a great rate, while successfully managing their current IP and building new ones.

Ill pitty you if you think MS will allow 15~ years between an elder scrolls game. The devs wants to try out something new? Haa.. sure.. im sure they will let them. Just look at 343 and the coalition. Even their names are a symbol of their lack of creative freedom.

Expect Bethesda (the core dev) to turn into 3 teams. Elder scrolls machine. Fallout machine. And starfield machine.

the-pi-guy

Yeah it really sucks for me to think that TES VI is not likely to come to PlayStation.  

Whats sad is how MS will most likely mismanage Bethesda just like they mismanaged their entire first party. What makes it even sadder was that Bethesda was growing at a great rate, while successfully managing their current IP and building new ones.
I'm still surprised that MS delayed Halo. And I think it might be a sign that they are getting better at understanding what their studios need.  

Regardless of that, they have a long way to go to match Sony's management.

BananaKing

Yeah it really sucks for me to think that TES VI is not likely to come to PlayStation.  

I'm still surprised that MS delayed Halo. And I think it might be a sign that they are getting better at understanding what their studios need.  

Regardless of that, they have a long way to go to match Sony's management.
It was clearly just not ready, not even close. Heck its coming out December and still missing features. Can you imagine the state the game was in back in 2020? They probably knew it would hurt the franchise beyond repair.

SWORDF1SH

88 after 101 reviews. Impressive

Legend

88 after 101 reviews. Impressive
Where nature intended.

Also we need to tally up all our prediction scores some time. I aced 2 this week!

Go Up