lol Tesla announced a humanoid robot

Started by Legend, Aug 20, 2021, 05:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Legend

Legend

I'm really excited to see how this turns out. Humanoid robots have been a passion of mine for two decades.

This is the current state of the art. Boston Dynamics is incredible with the progress they have made. Like compare the above video with what was state of the art in 2011.

I saw Asimo in person a few times and it was purely incredible, yet it now looks very mundane. Here is the history of Honda's robot development. Bipedal movement was an incredible advancement.

I don't think Tesla will have any issues building their robot or getting it to walk. Tech has advanced so much and so many problems have been solved. Getting it to push beyond Atlas or other technology demonstrators will be hard. Maybe they will put more focus on arms and dynamic interactions while keeping it a pretty poor walker.

Also it's funny that almost all robots are developed by car companies. Honda made Asimo, Hyundai bought Boston Dynamics, and now Tesla.

kitler53

it's not that funny.  cars have one of the most difficult manufacturing processes around.  they've automated much of the assembly and that requires machines that are highly agile and precise movements. 

it's like being amazed that amazon is a leader in cloud.  I was surprised for a second but it makes complete sense for them to be masters in the technology that supports their business. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

it's not that funny.  cars have one of the most difficult manufacturing processes around.  they've automated much of the assembly and that requires machines that are highly agile and precise movements.

it's like being amazed that amazon is a leader in cloud.  I was surprised for a second but it makes complete sense for them to be masters in the technology that supports their business.
Watch the video. It's pretty funny.