So Afghanistan...

Started by kitler53, Aug 16, 2021, 01:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

I've been all over the place (emotionally) on reading the news.  Roughly in order:

Surprised that we decided to pull out.

Stunned at how fast the collapse came.

Sad about the people in Afghanistan that trusted us and will probably be killed for it.

Angry they didn't even try to fight for their country.

and now I'm not quite sure the word but... Glad that after trillions spent and Soo many lives lost that we aren't wasting more of our resources trying to save people that won't do anything to save themselves.  it's a bit like my current covid outlook where I no longer feel any remorse about an unvaxxed death.  

I'm not exactly happy with bidens actions but at the same time I just can't be mad either.  

what are your thoughts?  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

Nobody asked america to be there in the first place. Now they are pulling out of a region they iced up beyond repair and Americans are acting like the good guys, just like in Iraq where nobody asked them to come and impose their "freedom", while stealing from the home country. Same thing is happening now to guyana/Venezuela  where America is stuffing its nose where it doesn't belong. What? They found shame tons of oil in guyana and they have lots of gold too? Oh shame americas freedom is coming too then!