European football and discussion about social issues

Started by BananaKing, Jul 11, 2021, 10:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

England losing the euro is oh my .... so delicious.

Legend

England losing the euro is oh my .... so delicious.
I don't know why everyone wanted England to lose, but congrats lol.

Xevross

Because vocal English football fans are all arrogant tory-supporting scumbag wife-beating anti-BLM hooligans

Xevross

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Good final imo! Italy were superior but England could've nabbed it if their manager hadn't made the decision to have a 19 year old take the fifth penalty (and with the most pressure), and sub on two players just before penalties who had barely touched the ball all tournament.

Italy is a joy to watch. I bet on them to win it all in the group stages. Bonucci and Chiellini are something else

BananaKing

Jul 11, 2021, 11:57 PM Last Edit: Jul 12, 2021, 12:09 AM by BananaKing
Because English supporters suck, Thats why. They even hate each other, as evident by the post above mine

Also I absolutely hate raheem sterling. The guy can't shoot or pass properly to save his life, and he dives everytime somebody touches him

Legend

Thanks for the info. That's horrible.

Xevross

Jul 12, 2021, 07:43 AM Last Edit: Jul 12, 2021, 07:55 AM by Xevross
Well I wasn't indicating that I hate all english supporters, I was more just giving the main reason why other countries hate the English football team, because what I said is pretty much all they see. There's a lot of great fans and the current team is a bunch of really great people, so I was cheering them on. However I don't feel too bad that we lost given the above, also I'm just not too attached to football. I gotta start work in 20 mins and do a normal day, if we'd won it'd have been no different.

I had a great evening watching the game with a couple of friends I haven't seen in person for probably 2 years, that's what its all about for me. Not getting drunk at midday and going out and vandalising properties and shouting abuse at all kinds of minority groups :-\

Naturally, the three English players who missed penalities have all received lots of racial abuse from their own "fans".

Good final imo! Italy were superior but England could've nabbed it if their manager hadn't made the decision to have a 19 year old take the fifth penalty (and with the most pressure), and sub on two players just before penalties who had barely touched the ball all tournament.

Italy is a joy to watch. I bet on them to win it all in the group stages. Bonucci and Chiellini are something else
Yeah from a football side of things Italy deserved the win. They've been better all tournament and I'd been dreading the potential matchup, I was quite shocked at how bad Italy were in the first 25 mins and England really should have capitalised and got more than 1 goal ahead. But from that point on Italy were easily the better team.

I felt apart from the Ukraine game England got very lucky and squeeked through every match, never playing particularly well. Italy was the only quality in-form team we hit and we lost. Its been annoying to hear all the commentary and pundits around about how amazing the team is, when yeah they have great cohesion and are a good bunch of players but for me they never played that well.

SWORDF1SH

A lot of hate here. The truth is everybody hates England and will find a reason to support their hate. In this case, focus on a small minority that do bad things or go against your political beliefs.

Xevross

A lot of hate here. The truth is everybody hates England and will find a reason to support their hate. In this case, focus on a small minority that do bad things or go against your political beliefs.
This is also true, like I said above I'm just trying to say that this is what people see and the genuine reasons that people do give for wanting England to lose. A lot of it is still down to old sporting rivalries and historical stuff, but most people know about that as the way of sports.

Going against political beliefs is fine, racially abusing players and booing them for taking the knee is not fine. That's what I have problems with.

SWORDF1SH

This is also true, like I said above I'm just trying to say that this is what people see and the genuine reasons that people do give for wanting England to lose. A lot of it is still down to old sporting rivalries and historical stuff, but most people know about that as the way of sports.

Going against political beliefs is fine, racially abusing players and booing them for taking the knee is not fine. That's what I have problems with.
Racial abuse isn't fine and 99% of the England fans know that. I do believe people have the right to protest BLM. It's not racially motivated like the media and people portray. Some people actually see BLM causing more of a divide than closing it. Some people feel that politics should be kept out of football.
I hate that people have to conform or be labelled a racist and a bigot.

Xevross

Jul 12, 2021, 12:38 PM Last Edit: Jul 12, 2021, 01:33 PM by Xevross
Racial abuse isn't fine and 99% of the England fans know that. I do believe people have the right to protest BLM. It's not racially motivated like the media and people portray. Some people actually see BLM causing more of a divide than closing it. Some people feel that politics should be kept out of football.
I hate that people have to conform or be labelled a racist and a bigot.
99%? Lmao, you have a warped view of England. Being very very generous I'd call it 90%.

Players take the knee to protest against racism, the real black lives matter movement protests against racism. It's only "divisive" because trash people are still racist.

People have the right to protest and argue whatever they want (well, maybe not after what the Tories passed a week ago) but booing and calling out players for taking a knee to keep the message about racism front and centre makes a shaming person.

If you don't want to "conform" to an anti-racism message then you are racist, that's just the way it is. Why else would you have a problem with it? We never have problems with "politics" in things when it's the norm or null viewpoint or its something we agree with.

SWORDF1SH

99%? Lmao, you have a warped view of England. Being very very generous I'd call it 90%.

Players take the knee to protest against racism, the real black lives matter movement protests against racism. It's only "divisive" because trash people are still racist.

People have the right to protest and argue whatever they want (well, maybe not after what the Tories passed a week ago) but booing and calling out players for taking a knee to keep the message about racism from and centre makes a shaming person.

If you don't want to "conform" to an anti-raxism message then you are racist, that's just the way it is. Why else would you have a problem with it? We never have problems with "politics" in things when it's the norm or null viewpoint or its something we agree with.
This is the problem. People only want to see it from one side. If you want to simplify things and label people who are against BLM as racist, then that's up to you. I make a rule to not discuss politics but found your messages very ignorant. This is where it stops for me.

the-pi-guy

This is the problem. People only want to see it from one side. If you want to simplify things and label people who are against BLM as racist, then that's up to you. I make a rule to not discuss politics but found your messages very ignorant. This is where it stops for me.

Yeah it is a problem that most people only see things from their perspective.

It's true most/ maybe 99% people in the UK/US aren't harassing people of color.  They're not racist in that way, but a huge chunk of people still give the benefit of the doubt to the harassers instead of the people speaking out.

I know a lot of people that are generally good people. Day to day they treat people with kindness, including people of color.

But they still have a lot of racist tendencies.
They tend to be convinced that people of color complaining about things are not the norm, or
they think that it's just the media convincing them that their experiences are abnormal,
they think racism is a thing of the past, that some people are just generally having a harder time.
They are convinced that BLM is actually the trouble maker, they're the ones that are causing trouble.
They see the protests, and they see the damage they're causing, and they see how people are responding to them. They don't see the damage these people went through day after day before they went to protest.

Everyone is ignorant of some experience. The difference is, who do you listen to when someone brings up their experiences? Do you listen to the people complaining about how they've been harassed, or do you listen to the people insistent that the others are really just dividing us?

And for the love of gravy, stop treating "racist" as some kind of horrible dirty word that no one should ever use. Some people might not realize that being called fat is insensitive to most people, that doesn't automatically make them a bad person. Instead of getting defensive, learn from it when someone says "saying someone is fat is insensitive".