Square Enix live thread

Started by Legend, Jun 13, 2021, 06:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

>Sony probably paid extra for this thing not being an exclusive.

BananaKing

Okay now that I saw the gameplay of guardians of the galaxy here is what I think

The game seems like it has awesome ideas, but mediocre implementation.

That gameplay looks... stiff and janky. Also if the game has forced aim lock/assist i won't even bother trying it or considering it.

I like the ideas, I like the pitch. But it just feels like a PS3 games at times.

Legend

Gotg doesn't look bad. Cool that it's releasing so soon. A bit disappointed that the studio wasn't working on something cooler but again not a bad reveal or bad looking game imo.

Might have been better if that was the only thing. Trailers were poor and games are not what core players want. They need to release and prove themselves with gameplay. Who would have thought the next game after Nier Automata would be received so poorly.

Life Is Strange might have been the best showing after Gotg.

Xevross

Okay now that I saw the gameplay of guardians of the galaxy here is what I think

That gameplay looks... stiff and janky. Also if the game has forced aim lock/assist i won't even bother trying it or considering it.

I like the ideas, I like the pitch. But it just feels like a PS3 games at times.
I'm thinking (more hoping) that its one of those where watching the gameplay doesn't do it justice and its much better to play.

Dr. Pezus

But it's GOTG (game of the gen)

Xevross

So the CHAOS game demo is finally working.

And shockingly, it's sounding very positive so far. The graphics and designs aren't great, the writing is apparently not so good, but everything else is good. Seems like it's pretty much entirely the Square influenced part of the game which is bad (writing and character designs) and Team Ninja have nailed the actual gameplay and systems.

Gonna try for myself later.

Go Up