When will ps5 be in stock for at least a few hours?

Started by kitler53, Jan 07, 2021, 08:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

When will ps5 be in stock for at least a few hours?

January
0 (0%)
Feburary
0 (0%)
March
0 (0%)
April
0 (0%)
May
2 (40%)
June
1 (20%)
July
0 (0%)
August
0 (0%)
September
0 (0%)
October
0 (0%)
December
0 (0%)
January 2022
0 (0%)
February 2022
0 (0%)
March 2022
0 (0%)
April 2022
0 (0%)
May 2022
1 (20%)
June 2022
1 (20%)
July 2022
0 (0%)
August 2022
0 (0%)
September 2022
0 (0%)
> September 2022
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Go Down

Xevross

So I think ps5 will be the best selling console this month
In the uk of course
Yeah seems like it, its had a lot of restocks.

Xevross

Series S ran out of stock on amazon UK after almost a month, shucks. Still readily in stock in other stores though.

Xevross

Series S ran out of stock on amazon UK after almost a month, shucks. Still readily in stock in other stores though.
Already back in stock

Xevross

Jun 05, 2021, 11:19 AM Last Edit: Jun 05, 2021, 11:22 AM by Xevross
Sales chart finally updated on Amazon UK, for May:

#3 PS5 (new)
#8 XSS (down 2)
#42 PS5d (new)
#51 Switch (down 1)
#85 PS4 (down 14)

Yearly:

#10 PS5 (up 3)
#37 XSS (up 6)
#41 Switch (down 2)
#74 PS5d (new)
#79 XSX (down 1)
#83 PS4 (down 3)

So the S has been selling a lot, but not nearly as much as a single dump of PS5s. Interesting that the X restock was so limited though, PS5 digital leapfrogs it for the year on Amazon UK.
May finished:

#6 PS5
#9 XSS
#24 Switch
#67 PS5d
#79 PS4

With XSS in stock all month long, PS5 and PS5d only getting one single restock that lasted minutes. Switch and PS4 stock intermittent. XSX also had one restock but not enough to break the top 100 for the month.

After latest restock of PS5, PS5d and XSX a day or so ago and continued Series S and Switch stock:

June:

#2 PS5
#9 PS5d
#13 XSX
#23 Switch
#72 XSS

Yearly:

#10 PS5 (nc)
#33 Switch (up 8)
#35 XSS (up 2)
#69 PS5d (up 5)
#75 XSX (up 4)
#83 PS4 (nc)

Series S demand is now satisfied, and its not due to extremely high stock levels, demand is not that high.

kitler53

Series S demand is now satisfied, and its not due to extremely high stock levels, demand is not that high.
yeah, wow at that series s drop while being the only console in stock.  your conclusion of demand satisfied is the only one that makes sense to me.  worst than even my wildest dreams....

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

yeah, wow at that series s drop while being the only console in stock.  your conclusion of demand satisfied is the only one that makes sense to me.  worst than even my wildest dreams....
Its just not an appealing console. I get it, next gen gaming at a budget price. But its clear demand for proper next gen gaming is extremely high.

I'll most likely get a series S down the line, just to play Bethesda games that MS so graciously did a money hat with.

kitler53

Jun 05, 2021, 02:21 PM Last Edit: Jun 05, 2021, 02:24 PM by kitler53
Its just not an appealing console. I get it, next gen gaming at a budget price. But its clear demand for proper next gen gaming is extremely high.

I'll most likely get a series S down the line, just to play Bethesda games that MS so graciously did a money hat with.
if you are down the line enough the x will probably be at the s price point. 

it is unlikely I will do that, I never played a Bethesda game to begin with but my Bethesda fanatic coop buddy had a interesting view to me.  it was, "who cares it is still coming to PC.  without mods you aren't even playing the game right anyways."

it's a point and with the way PC is being supported I'd probably get a PC before an Xbox.  there are loads of PC exclusives I'm more interested in than Xbox exclusives anyways,.. like anti-chamber.

Legend

it is unlikely I will do that, I never played a Bethesda game to begin with but my Bethesda fanatic coop buddy had a interesting view to me.  it was, "who cares it is still coming to PC.  without mods you aren't even playing the game right anyways."

it's a point and with the way PC is being supported I'd probably get a PC before an Xbox.  there are loads of PC exclusives I'm more interested in than Xbox exclusives anyways,.. like anti-chamber.
Xbox supports mods and with them now owning Bethesda I can only see that expanding. I played Skyrim on Series X and it has almost all of the same mods as PC. Doesn't have the legally questionable ones but it has unofficial patches, total conversions, cheats, weebo outfits, etc.

Anti-chamber is great but it's getting old! You need to play it before it becomes too outdated. I think I'll replay it today.

BananaKing

it is unlikely I will do that, I never played a Bethesda game to begin with but my Bethesda fanatic coop buddy had a interesting view to me.  it was, "who cares it is still coming to PC.  without mods you aren't even playing the game right anyways."

it's a point and with the way PC is being supported I'd probably get a PC before an Xbox.  there are loads of PC exclusives I'm more interested in than Xbox exclusives anyways,.. like anti-chamber.
I want an 150$ series S. I doubt the series X will ever hit that price point. But I can see the series s hitting that on a sale or something. It would be 50% of its launch price, and consoles reach that usually. Again, its just for Bethesda games, I might play a few of their other exclusives like gears or halo (even though the new halos seem extremely unappealing now).

the-pi-guy

Its now July, and they're still routinely selling out in 0 to 20 minutes

And honestly 20 minutes on best buy really means, you better be there in the first 3 minutes so you can add it to your cart and take the next 17 minutes to check out, while other people suffer for 20 minutes thinking they still have a chance.

And on Amazon, you try adding to cart the second it goes up, Amazon says it's out of stock and then 15 minutes later updates the page to say out of stock.  

See you all in May 2022.  

Legend

Nah. June 22 as I always said.

Xevross

Its now July, and they're still routinely selling out in 0 to 20 minutes

And honestly 20 minutes on best buy really means, you better be there in the first 3 minutes so you can add it to your cart and take the next 17 minutes to check out, while other people suffer for 20 minutes thinking they still have a chance.

And on Amazon, you try adding to cart the second it goes up, Amazon says it's out of stock and then 15 minutes later updates the page to say out of stock.  

See you all in May 2022.  
Yeah its mad. Situation in the UK is still the same too. Series S is still permanently in stock although sales seem to have picked up a bit. Ps5 still only lasts < 5 minutes whenever its in stock and manages to outsell the S in just two restocks for the whole month. Same for the X.

Amazon June rankings:

#4 PS5
#12 XSX
#14 PS5d
#18 XSS
#33 Switch

Yearly:

#8 PS5 (up 2)
#30 XSS (up 5)
#33 Switch (nc)
#49 XSX (up 26)
#50 PS5d (up 19)
#87 PS4 (down 4)

Number 18 for the month is good for the S and its still climbing the yearly rankings, its just that demand is clearly so much higher for the others. I do wonder how much S could be selling if it sold out instantly like the others, sell-through for xbox is probably falling behind shipped now due to this (and them pushing the S more), while PS5 will still have sell through about the same as shipped worldwide.

kitler53

i kinda lost track of this thread but it's September now,..   and only series S is easy to find.    dang.

Legend

Brother looking for his own xbox. Might have to get a series s lol.

But for real I don't think these will be in stock for years. Pandemic and other things are just messing with the world. PC parts are still crazy too.

Legend

Since when have PS4 and Xbox One been impossible to find?

Go Up