When will ps5 be in stock for at least a few hours?

Started by kitler53, Jan 07, 2021, 08:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

When will ps5 be in stock for at least a few hours?

January
0 (0%)
Feburary
0 (0%)
March
0 (0%)
April
0 (0%)
May
2 (40%)
June
1 (20%)
July
0 (0%)
August
0 (0%)
September
0 (0%)
October
0 (0%)
December
0 (0%)
January 2022
0 (0%)
February 2022
0 (0%)
March 2022
0 (0%)
April 2022
0 (0%)
May 2022
1 (20%)
June 2022
1 (20%)
July 2022
0 (0%)
August 2022
0 (0%)
September 2022
0 (0%)
> September 2022
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Go Down

kitler53

so far so meh.   too early to be impressed because i'm still downloading and configuring things.   have 2 problems so far:

- my save for sackboy's big adventure wasn't used.  i know i can port it in but i need to look into that.
- i can't turn my system off.  allow me to clarify.   when i turn my tv one my ps5 turns itself on even though i didn't ask it to.   when i try to shut down my ps5 i also shut down my tv.  my tv quickly changes modes from "ps5" to smartTV before turning off and while changing modes my ps5 turns back on....

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

- i can't turn my system off.  allow me to clarify.   when i turn my tv one my ps5 turns itself on even though i didn't ask it to.   when i try to shut down my ps5 i also shut down my tv.  my tv quickly changes modes from "ps5" to smartTV before turning off and while changing modes my ps5 turns back on....
Settings > System > HDMI > these are the settings you're looking for, I believe.

kitler53

Settings > System > HDMI > these are the settings you're looking for, I believe.
thanks.  i'll check it out tonight.

Xevross

so far so meh.   too early to be impressed because i'm still downloading and configuring things.   have 2 problems so far:

- my save for sackboy's big adventure wasn't used.  i know i can port it in but i need to look into that.
- i can't turn my system off.  allow me to clarify.   when i turn my tv one my ps5 turns itself on even though i didn't ask it to.   when i try to shut down my ps5 i also shut down my tv.  my tv quickly changes modes from "ps5" to smartTV before turning off and while changing modes my ps5 turns back on....
First one, welcome to PS4->PS5 save transfers, it all sucks.

Second one as Pi said is a setting which is enabled by default, Switch does the same thing as well.

Xevross

Might as well continue with this thread. Mid-May and the situation is still exactly the same, you basically can't get a PS5 without using a bot or an insider method found on twitter.

Series S has just hit a full 10 day streak of being in stock on amazon UK though and its a similar story in the rest of Europe. I think that pretty much everywhere outside of the US the Series S is no longer stock limited.

Xevross

Apparently retailers in countries like Germany and Poland are already doing offers on Series S, discounts below RRP or including games. And apparently they're still having to advertise these offers on TV to get them to move.

I really expected Series S to be a hot item when it was announced, I know those aren't good countries for xbox, but doing it this early with so few of them already sold is shocking.

the-pi-guy

What if this lasts into next year?!  

Graphics cards really look like that's what will happen. Those are still selling out in seconds.

Xevross

What if this lasts into next year?!  

Graphics cards really look like that's what will happen. Those are still selling out in seconds.

I now really think it will for PS5. Series X I'd be shocked if it keeps selling out rapidly throughout the whole year, maybe in the US it could stay that way but certainly not anywhere else.

the-pi-guy

May 10, 2021, 11:31 AM Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 11:34 AM by the-pi-guy
I really expected Series S to be a hot item when it was announced, I know those aren't good countries for xbox, but doing it this early with so few of them already sold is shocking.
I would have expected demand to pick up since it's the only reliable way to get a next gen console. Especially as people get sick of waiting.

Instead it doesn't seem to be helping much.

I wonder how much of it is that people are just wanting the Series X and how much people just want to get the same thing their friends are getting.

I now really think it will for PS5. Series X I'd be shocked if it keeps selling out rapidly throughout the whole year, maybe in the US it could stay that way but certainly not anywhere else.
Seems Sony expects it to be the case

Xevross

I would have expected demand to pick up since it's the only reliable way to get a next gen console. Especially as people get sick of waiting.

I wonder how much of it is that people are just wanting the Series X and how much people just want to get the same thing their friends are getting.
Tight supply doesn't mean always selling out in seconds/minutes though

kitler53

the problem with the series S is it isn't entirely a 'next gen' console.   kind of yes but also kind of no.  sony was right,.. most people don't want to plop down a bunch of money and get the inferior product. 

if ps5 remains impossible to find and series x is available i'll bet a lot of prospective ps5 buyers would get a series x as "only reliable way to get a next gen console" but not a series s.   series s will only sell to those that actually want a series s.   it's not a viable alternative to a series x or ps5.   

and yes,.. friends >>>>> other things.   soo much of gaming is a online social experience these days.   buying the opposite console as your friends makes absolutely no sense at all.  matters more than cost, individual games, QoL features, ect.   peer pressure and the FOMO is a much more powerful motivator.

Xevross

May 19, 2021, 04:15 PM Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 04:18 PM by Xevross
Series S has managed 19 days in stock on amazon UK now, could be in stock permanently now.

PS5, PS5d and XSX all came in stock at the same time this morning. The amount they sold was in that order judging by the best sellers chart (PS5 #1, PS5d #2, XSX #6). Lets see when the monthly chart updates later if they sold more in minutes than the S did in almost 3 weeks.

Monthly chart before the update: XSS #6, Switch #50, PS4 #71

Yearly chart before the update: PS5 #13, Switch #39, XSS #43, XSX #78, PS4 #80

Legend

Series S could have a comeback if financial struggles get way worse post covid, but hopefully that doesn't happen.

I also really hope it sells poor enough for Microsoft to allow series x exclusives in the future. For most games it's fine, but some could go PC+PS5 only if a series s version is too expensive/too low quality.

Xevross

Sales chart finally updated on Amazon UK, for May:

#3 PS5 (new)
#8 XSS (down 2)
#42 PS5d (new)
#51 Switch (down 1)
#85 PS4 (down 14)

Yearly:

#10 PS5 (up 3)
#37 XSS (up 6)
#41 Switch (down 2)
#74 PS5d (new)
#79 XSX (down 1)
#83 PS4 (down 3)

So the S has been selling a lot, but not nearly as much as a single dump of PS5s. Interesting that the X restock was so limited though, PS5 digital leapfrogs it for the year on Amazon UK.

princevenom

So I think ps5 will be the best selling console this month
In the uk of course

Go Up