Leaked sucker punch game concept before got

Started by Legend, Jul 20, 2020, 07:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Xevross

Obviously it was very early in development and still a basic concept so its hard to judge it. It looks quite plain though, would have been a step down from Infamous imo

kitler53

Obviously it was very early in development and still a basic concept so its hard to judge it. It looks quite plain though, would have been a step down from Infamous imo
not sure why you'd say that.   i see a lot of the GoT combat mechanisms in this demo.  they might of changed the story/setting but they clearly used a lot of the ideas.

i think the demo looked quite good.  obviously in a early in development demo kind of way.  the animations were stiff.   ..but to me it looked like a good start.   i honestly probably would have preferred this to GoT.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Looks like The Order x Assassin's Creed.  

Im kind of surprised how polished this demo looks.  Usually the cancelled projects we get to see dont look like this.

kitler53

Im kind of surprised how polished this demo looks.  Usually the cancelled projects we get to see dont look like this.
I didn't say it in my previous post but I was thinking of that exactly.  the setting and art style looked very similar to the order.   i was even thinking that the similarity to the order might have been the primary reason the project was canceled.   I can imagine the internet memes already making this comparison just after the game's announcement.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I didn't say it in my previous post but I was thinking of that exactly.  the setting and art style looked very similar to the order.   i was even thinking that the similarity to the order might have been the primary reason the project was canceled.   I can imagine the internet memes already making this comparison just after the game's announcement.  
This video seemingly is from January 2016. Probably would have cancelled it/changed directions sooner if the order was the primary problem with it.

Probably a quasi vertical slice to help sell the vision. Doubt anything outside this small moment was beyond early development.