PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

cool but from the review I saw I think this is not for me.
It's worth your time, just maybe not worth your money  :P

I loved the visual design.

The Medium rated for PS5
Will their next game not be exclusive then:?

Xevross

Saw this on Era. Some of the scores are a bit off, but it indicates the big difference between PS4 and PS5 exclusives up to the same point launch aligned:

BananaKing

Saw this on Era. Some of the scores are a bit off, but it indicates the big difference between PS4 and PS5 exclusives up to the same point launch aligned:

Yeah Sony is no doubt killing it so far this gen.

Also compare that to xbox... where there is not one single game to be put on that list

kitler53

Yeah Sony is no doubt killing it so far this gen.

Also compare that to xbox... where there is not one single game to be put on that list
i lol'd.

just watched the DF and dear god do i want to play ratchet.   but i think i may just wait for the first sale.   i know it will only be $10 off but since i'm going to be 2 months late at the earliest,.. seems prudent to wait.

i already bought sackboy's big adventure on a whim when i was on a 2 week covid-scare lockdown.  i think i can wait on everything else for quite a while to grab it at a better price.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

i lol'd.

just watched the DF and dear god do i want to play ratchet.   but i think i may just wait for the first sale.   i know it will only be $10 off but since i'm going to be 2 months late at the earliest,.. seems prudent to wait.

i already bought sackboy's big adventure on a whim when i was on a 2 week covid-scare lockdown.  i think i can wait on everything else for quite a while to grab it at a better price.
Im not a ratchet fan. I just played the remake, which was fun. But ill admit this does look like a good game.

And its true, MS released a console with a "launch title" that we've seen one gameplay clip of. And had nothing else planned for another 12 months. So far we know its the only game coming from them this year.

kitler53

Im not a ratchet fan. I just played the remake, which was fun. But ill admit this does look like a good game.

And its true, MS released a console with a "launch title" that we've seen one gameplay clip of. And had nothing else planned for another 12 months. So far we know its the only game coming from them this year.
my god.  can you imagine if as they reveal their games at E3 this year everything but halo is dated 2022...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

my god.  can you imagine if as they reveal their games at E3 this year everything but halo is dated 2022...
I think we will get a forza game this year. But yeah I can completely imagine them having nothing else, unless Bethesda has a few unannounced games they were wanting to release this year. Perhaps a new Wolfestien.

But yeah MS's situation now looks really bad. And I can see why they bought Bethesda because most of their other studio games are far away

Legend

Controller updates are annoying. I pressed "remind me in 24 hours" and I can't find a way to force the update before that. Should give you a little prompt once it's connected by USB to start the update.

Legend

Sony has zero AAA next gen exclusives announced.

Meanwhile Avatar and Suicide Squad are next gen only. It's crazy that it's possible 3rd parties will jump to next gen faster than Sony.

Xevross

Sony has zero AAA next gen exclusives announced.

Meanwhile Avatar and Suicide Squad are next gen only. It's crazy that it's possible 3rd parties will jump to next gen faster than Sony.
Not really faster when Sony have already put out 5 next gen exclusive games themselves.

Legend

Not really faster when Sony have already put out 5 next gen exclusive games themselves.
Zero AAA, as I said in my post.

Cheaper to develop games don't refute the point.

Xevross

Zero AAA, as I said in my post.

Cheaper to develop games don't refute the point.
You don't consider at least Demon's Souls, Returnal and R&C Rift Apart to be AAA?

Legend

You don't consider at least Demon's Souls, Returnal and R&C Rift Apart to be AAA?
Definitely not. They are all big games but as far as I know, they were much cheaper to make than Horizon, Gow, Tlou2, Got, AC Origins+Odyssey, Fallout 76, etc.

Maybe we really are in the age of AAAA games but there's a large gulf between the former and the later even though they all sell at the same price.

Xevross

Definitely not. They are all big games but as far as I know, they were much cheaper to make than Horizon, Gow, Tlou2, Got, AC Origins+Odyssey, Fallout 76, etc.

Maybe we really are in the age of AAAA games but there's a large gulf between the former and the later even though they all sell at the same price.
Interesting, never thought someone like you would have that opinion.

If you're not calling R&C a AAA game then there's only about 5 AAA games a year  ;D

Legend

Interesting, never thought someone like you would have that opinion.

If you're not calling R&C a AAA game then there's only about 5 AAA games a year  ;D
Yeah AAA has been drying up as they get more and more expensive haha.

AAA isn't better than other games. It's just that they are bloody expensive to make. For example, EA could have literally launched a rocket to Mars with the money they spent on Mass Effect Andromeda.

Go Up