European football and discussion about social issues

Viewing single post

Started by BananaKing, Jul 11, 2021, 10:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Well I wasn't indicating that I hate all english supporters, I was more just giving the main reason why other countries hate the English football team, because what I said is pretty much all they see. There's a lot of great fans and the current team is a bunch of really great people, so I was cheering them on. However I don't feel too bad that we lost given the above, also I'm just not too attached to football. I gotta start work in 20 mins and do a normal day, if we'd won it'd have been no different.

I had a great evening watching the game with a couple of friends I haven't seen in person for probably 2 years, that's what its all about for me. Not getting drunk at midday and going out and vandalising properties and shouting abuse at all kinds of minority groups :-\

Naturally, the three English players who missed penalities have all received lots of racial abuse from their own "fans".

Good final imo! Italy were superior but England could've nabbed it if their manager hadn't made the decision to have a 19 year old take the fifth penalty (and with the most pressure), and sub on two players just before penalties who had barely touched the ball all tournament.

Italy is a joy to watch. I bet on them to win it all in the group stages. Bonucci and Chiellini are something else
Yeah from a football side of things Italy deserved the win. They've been better all tournament and I'd been dreading the potential matchup, I was quite shocked at how bad Italy were in the first 25 mins and England really should have capitalised and got more than 1 goal ahead. But from that point on Italy were easily the better team.

I felt apart from the Ukraine game England got very lucky and squeeked through every match, never playing particularly well. Italy was the only quality in-form team we hit and we lost. Its been annoying to hear all the commentary and pundits around about how amazing the team is, when yeah they have great cohesion and are a good bunch of players but for me they never played that well.