Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart |OT|

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 24, 2021, 07:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

This game is fantastic so far. SkillUp review said its like Uncharted for kids and I totally agree, its so similar to an Uncharted game when you think about it (so far at least), I love it.

Fidelity mode is absolutely jaw dropping, it looks absolutely stunning. The moment it first transitioned to gameplay was the first real holy crud this is next gen moment for me. When I realised I could move the character, that this is gameplay, I was just in awe.

Unfortunately you can really feel how slow the 30fps is when you switch between the modes, and it tends to look bad in motion. In fact I'm normally okay with 30fps in isolation, its just when I switch to 60 I like the improvement. But the fidelity mode just didn't feel great here, it felt really choppy, not sure if it was something they were doing with motion blur or something like that, or maybe I'm just getting too used to 60fps now.

The 60fps modes aren't on the same level of jaw-dropping visuals with a still camera, but they look way better in motion and feel massively better to play as well. Even in the performance RT mode, its still probably the best looking game I've played, and it feels amazing at 60fps.
It's a response to that. So it's not framerate drops causing the choppiness

???

No one mentioned quality mode
No one??  :o