God of War delayed to 2022, GT7 and GoW coming to PS4

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Jun 02, 2021, 05:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

Jun 03, 2021, 08:24 PM Last Edit: Jun 03, 2021, 08:29 PM by kitler53
Sony always supported its older consoles after a launch of a new one. PS4 getting miles, horizon, GT7 and GoW is awesome for PS4 and its owners.

Yes, its a bit disappointing that GoW and Horizon theoretically can't take full advantage of the PS5. But they most likely never would have anyways. Early releases like killzone SF, infamous didnt really take full advantage of PS4. Yes, they looked great, but so does HFW.

I think if GoW was having trouble running on PS4 SSM would have dropped it and Sony would have agreed. But its most likely it could have been scalled down and SSM said why not? Or when production started SSM wanted to release on PS4 too, meaning the vision for the game was never compromised in the first place
by my standards that stills means it was compromised because no one ever bothered to ask,..  "what can we do with the SSD that would have never been possible before?"

i'm really not sure what GT would do that couldn't be backported to ps4.  it's just graphics, framerate, and maybe a better physics engine but at the end of the day a racing sim isn't going to do anything true imaginative.  it's still going to be a car going through a road as fast as it can...

...but i think GoW especially could have done something impressive because GoW is known for BIG cinematic boss fights.  instead of the 20 year old mentality of a boss fight being a static room with a dude with a large health bar,.. GoW could done something truely new by blending the boss fight with the "set piece" or something.  i'm not exactly great on being innovative but i'll bet SM could have come up with something if they had just committed to ps5 exclusive.

--edit--
like, imagine that instead of this dragon fight:

...imagine the dragon takes flight when kratos is on his back and the fight takes place (in part) in transit from location to location throughout midgard.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens