God of War delayed to 2022, GT7 and GoW coming to PS4

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Jun 02, 2021, 05:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

disappointing to be sure.  

...but as i can't play my ps5 for another few months i feel disconnected from the news.  

also, tbf, R&C is the only game so far that looks like it is using the power of the ps5 for more than just visuals.   it makes sense that if you can dial back the graphic fidelity and get it to run on ps4 that you'd do that.   for me the most disappointing part is that sony isn't making more games where the SSD is a requirement for gameplay not just a convenience for load times.
Exactly.

If GOW2 can run on PS4, it's good that more players can enjoy it. The issue is that last year once PS5 specs were locked in, they didn't settle on a design that was only possible with next gen hardware.

Ratchet is seemingly the only game that viewed the PS5 as something more than a PS4 Pro Pro.

It feels like they were lying about it because they were lying about it.Well the first part is battleship. "low availability" for the fastest selling console of all time. Next gen exclusives early on in a generation were never a problem before, why would they be now?
It's just one more example of modern Sony looking like they want to extract wealth from PlayStation without investing in it (outside buying 3rd party exclusives).