Prediction: We will find alien life within 5 years

Started by Legend, Mar 15, 2015, 08:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Philae comet could be home to alien life, say scientists | Science | The Guardian

The comet landed on by the spacecraft Philae could well be home to an abundance of alien microbial life, according to leading astronomers.
Features of the comet, named 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko, such as its organic-rich black crust, are most likely explained by the presence of living organisms beneath an icy surface, the scientists have said.
Rosetta, the European spacecraft orbiting the comet, is also said to have picked up strange clusters of organic material that resemble viral particles.
Oh baby!

Legend

Xevross

Aura7541

Any idea when Europa (one of Jupiter's moons) will be paid a visit? The surface is all ice, but because the core generates heat from the rotation around Jupiter, there may be an underground ocean.

Legend

Any idea when Europa (one of Jupiter's moons) will be paid a visit? The surface is all ice, but because the core generates heat from the rotation around Jupiter, there may be an underground ocean.
I think Europa is the next big mission. Around 2020?

Cute Pikachu

This is more hype then the last guardian Ff7R and S3!!!
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Aura7541

This is more hype then the last guardian Ff7R and S3!!!

Legend

Legend

Time for a ~1 year in update.

Mars is looking good. More and more we find evidence that benefits the existence of life living in the distant past. I definitely think there's some good discoveries we can find there soon. One problem though is the Mars InSight lander was delayed by two years. It'll now arrive on Mars in 2019 which cuts my prediction close if it's the one to find life.

However while InSight slipped, other projects are pushing forward. ExoMars was successfully launched on March 14 with the primary goal of searching for Exobiology on Mars. When it arrives in October, we could get some good data about life on the planet.

Out of left field SpaceX announced it could start sending rockets to Mars in 2018. The Curiosity rover and probe are currently the heaviest payloads ever sent to Mars at 3,893 kg. Meanwhile SpaceX's Falcon Heavy will be capable of sending up to 13,600 kg to the red planet. NASA is working with SpaceX on this and has plans to potentially even bring back Martian soil samples.

Sadly the rest of the solar system isn't looking as good. Congress cut budgets for the Europa mission so it's slipping into the late 2020s. Might still be an awesome mission, but way too late for my prediction.

Overall I still feel somewhat confident with my OP. The SpaceX sample return missions will be crucial to us directly observing alien cells by 2025.

Cute Pikachu

I want to see krypto
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

The first half of my prediction is not looking good!  :P

Dr. Pezus

The first half of my prediction is not looking good!  :P
Indeed. And wow, time flies!

Legend

Xevross

Oh wow I remember this happening, time really does fly huh?

Go Up