Anyone remember/know about a cheap motion gaming system from before the wii?

Started by Legend, Jul 22, 2023, 06:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

It was a real cheap toy with only a few built in games.

Maybe I'm making this up because I can barely remember it. I'm picturing cheap colored plastic and real low tech. 2D games I think.

SWORDF1SH

V smile? Mostly fits the description and released in 2004 but the motion controlled version, V Motion, wasn't released until 2008, after the Wii. So maybe not it.
V.Smile - Wikipedia

Legend

V smile? Mostly fits the description and released in 2004 but the motion controlled version, V Motion, wasn't released until 2008, after the Wii. So maybe not it.
V.Smile - Wikipedia
Pretty sure it wasn't that. I'll have to ask my mom and older brother since I can't find anything online. Doubt it was saved in a box either.

Oh just remembered! It was a snowboard!

Legend

Jul 22, 2023, 03:18 PM Last Edit: Jul 22, 2023, 03:25 PM by Legend

I had this for sure. Maybe it's what I was thinking of, or maybe there was a second toy I had too.

Edt: yup these were it. We also had the boxing one and maybe another

Radica Play TV Boxing Get Off The Couch And Into The Ring Plug & Play TV Game   | eBay

The gameplay looks nothing like I remember but the controllers and system I remember well.

SWORDF1SH

Looked pretty cool until I saw it was released in 2000 :o . I thought it was early 90s watching the TV commercials  ;D

Can you remember if it played OK?

Legend

Looked pretty cool until I saw it was released in 2000 :o . I thought it was early 90s watching the TV commercials  ;D

Can you remember if it played OK?
Snowboarding was fun, just basic. I found a video of it running on an emulator

(this person doesn't know how to land haha)

A cool thing about the board was spinning around and doing in person 360s since it isn't attached.

Boxing and table tennis played almost exactly like wii sports. I'm pretty sure all three were sold at various garage sales, but I'll check my parent's attic one day to verify. It's pretty funny how I completely forgot about these things yet they pretty much were the proto wii.

SWORDF1SH

Honestly I'm surprised they play ok. Maybe it was the dodgy acting in the commercial that made it look bad/fake.