Hogwarts gets an 85 on opencritic

Started by Legend, Feb 06, 2023, 04:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

kitler53

i'm happy with that.   probably not enough for a day-1 purchase from me,.. too much backlog as is.   but i'm excited to play this someday.   i'd definetly pick it up at $20 but i could see picking it up earlier if i'm feeling impatient.   maybe ~$40.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

DAY 1 for me!!! So dang excited

Dr. Pezus

Very good! Was it marked down for JK Rowling?

BananaKing

Very good! Was it marked down for JK Rowling?
I can imagine that being the case

Legend

DAY 1 for me!!! So dang excited
Not DAY -3?

My brother went out and bought it. Meanwhile I'm watching a youtuber play it. Looks like great world building but slow gameplay.

nnodley

Not DAY -3?

My brother went out and bought it. Meanwhile I'm watching a youtuber play it. Looks like great world building but slow gameplay.
Nope. Lol. I actually meant to buy the deluxe for the early access but I spaced it and got the standard.  And I tried to chat to get a refund to buy the deluxe and I couldn't get through on their chat bot. It literally closed me out because of high volume

Legend

Nope. Lol. I actually meant to buy the deluxe for the early access but I spaced it and got the standard.  And I tried to chat to get a refund to buy the deluxe and I couldn't get through on their chat bot. It literally closed me out because of high volume
Well what are your thoughts so far?

nnodley

Its literally all i could have ever wanted for a Harry Potter universe game.   The combat is on the slower side, but the spell work and combinations you can do are so good. The castle is frickin huge and i still find secrets after like 14 hours in the game.  i still have yet to travel to even half of the map outside of hogwarts.  But it's definitely more for side stuff and exploration. And it's a beautiful game.  It's one of the best looking games on ps5.  I'd still say Forbidden West beats it, but it's a close second.  

kitler53

glad to hear it.   definitely picking this up someday.

BananaKing

Im not a Harry Potter fan..but hogwarts looks SO good

kitler53

Legend