Favourite Sports Game

Started by darkknightkryta, Feb 10, 2023, 04:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

Feb 10, 2023, 04:39 PM Last Edit: Feb 10, 2023, 04:41 PM by darkknightkryta
So I was looking at the "Best SNES/Genesis Hockey game" at resetera and it got me thinking of when I used to play the hell out of them with my cousin (RIP).  So while NHL 94 goes around as being everyone's favourite, for good reason, I actually liked NHL 95 the best.  If you look at NHL 93-98(Or 96?) they were all the same.  Same graphics, same gameplay, etc.  Sure there were tweaks, and sure that wrap around trick in NHL 94 was gone.  But NHL 95 was the lone game that had its own set of graphics and gameplay.

So what's your favourite?  Can be modern.

On another note: there was this ESPN hockey game I remember back in the day.  I picked up the SNES version somewhat recently.  It uses mode 7 for one of the views, but the entire thing is glitched and barely works.  I should have bought the Genesis version :(

Legend

Sports Champions.png

Frisbee golf was really fun.

kitler53

can rocket league count?

i'm not a fan of sports games.  i played nba jam on snes as a kid so i guess that would be my answer.   my friends like it more than me.  the only thing i really like was typing in the cheat codes to get silly costumes or gameplay cheats.   love that the game didn't take itself too seriously.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

can rocket league count?

i'm not a fan of sports games.  i played nba jam on snes as a kid so i guess that would be my answer.   my friends like it more than me.  the only thing i really like was typing in the cheat codes to get silly costumes or gameplay cheats.   love that the game didn't take itself too seriously.
I'd count it as a sport game.

NBA Jam was fun.

kitler53

I'd count it as a sport game.

NBA Jam was fun.
well then....

Rocket league is my overwhelming favorite sports game.   NBA jam was good too.  i don't know if i specifically played NHL 94 but i did play a hockey game on the snes.  

so like,. hockey is hockey no matter what so maybe this doesn't mean much but this screenshot of NHL 94 on snes looks familiar.   i'm a big fan of hockey IRL so i liked the game but it wasn't my favorite.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

If all time or right now?

Right now it would be ufc. All time? Idk maybe one of the old PES games or fifa