Rumbleverse shutting down

Started by kitler53, Jan 31, 2023, 01:07 AM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

... apparently.  just six months old.

do I care about rumbleverse?   not a lick.

do I worry this will be the fate of a massive amount of Sony's first party over the next couple years?  absolutely.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Didn't know this was a thing

kitler53

Didn't know this was a thing
you didn't know rumbleverse existed?

it didn't land well but it was published by epic and got a lot of press early on. 

Legend

you didn't know rumbleverse existed?

it didn't land well but it was published by epic and got a lot of press early on.
Nope. Guess it was at Game Awards 2021 but I have zero memory of seeing that trailer.

the-pi-guy

I just watched the trailer, and I have no idea what I'm looking at.  

kitler53

lol, can't believe you guys aren't even aware of this.   are we all gaming fanatics?

it's a 3D fighting game.   it has some fans that think it's really good but a lot of people felt it was too complicated.  aka it's a fighting game.   

...but that's not really my point.  like i said i "don't give a lick" about this game.  The point of this thread is the GaaS space is getting very very crowded.  personally i can't really manage to play more than 1 at a time.   for a long time it was rocket league for me.  now it's multiversus.  but it's really hard to get into more than 1 at a time.   oh sure some of the GaaS games get massively popular and make massive amounts of money.  but most are like a fart in the wind and are dead weeks after release.   

i don't have any data to back me up but i feel like when a GaaS fails it fails harder (financially speaking) than a single player game.  with "free to play" as the entry point i figure some of these make almost no revenue at all when they flop.

so back to sony.  sony is planning to make a bunch of GaaS games over the next few years.  how many will be successful?  will any of them be successful?   kitler53 is worried....

the-pi-guy

lol, can't believe you guys aren't even aware of this.   are we all gaming fanatics?
There's thousands of games.
I don't have the time or the desire to follow games I don't have any interest in. :P

Legend

so back to sony.  sony is planning to make a bunch of GaaS games over the next few years.  how many will be successful?  will any of them be successful?   kitler53 is worried....
Yeah definitely. Even during PS4 most of their multiplayer games were failures. Drawn to Death was shutdown quickly, Rigs was shut down quickly, the tomorrow children was shut down quickly, etc.

the-pi-guy