13 new titles announced for PSVR2, PSVR2 launch lineup, GT7 VR only missing split screen

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 19, 2023, 04:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

8fc13cee03cef10600405ba3d9b53a3fdb906711.png

We're thrilled that Gran Turismo 7 will be a PS VR2 launch title! Through a free upgrade, for those who have already purchased Gran Turismo 7, players will experience all cars and tracks in VR like never before. GT7 in VR takes full advantage of PS VR2's next gen features. With eye tracking and foveated rendering, players will experience stunning visual fidelity while racing in any of the 450+ cars. While 2-player splitscreen races are not supported in VR, all other races, including online races, will be available. From the Nürburgring to Tsukuba, tracks can be experienced exactly as they are in real life.
https://blog.playstation.com/2023/01/19/playstation-vr2-13-new-titles-and-launch-lineup-revealed/

the-pi-guy

kitler53

that GT7 news is pretty good.

the 13 new titles are mostly just psvr titles being ported up.   unfortunetly the most interesting ones (to me) like rez require an upgrade fee.

i'm not sure how i feel about this one:

while making use of the eye tracking is cool,... i feel like people have very different abilities to not blink.  i win staring contest all the time because i can not blink for 3-5 minutes at a time but my wife can't even make 10 seconds.   is the game going to suck for those that physically need to blink every few seconds??

in an age of "accessibility" this feels like a fundamentally inaccessible game for many.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

i like this one though:
1. i love puzzle games
2. this isn't quite like anything i've played and feels fundamentally like VR is required not just tacked on.

not sure if i'll get psvr 2 but this would probably be a must play for me.

Legend

that GT7 news is pretty good.

the 13 new titles are mostly just psvr titles being ported up.   unfortunetly the most interesting ones (to me) like rez require an upgrade fee.

i'm not sure how i feel about this one:

while making use of the eye tracking is cool,... i feel like people have very different abilities to not blink.  i win staring contest all the time because i can not blink for 3-5 minutes at a time but my wife can't even make 10 seconds.   is the game going to suck for those that physically need to blink every few seconds??

in an age of "accessibility" this feels like a fundamentally inaccessible game for many.
This game has been out on PC for a while and it's apparently incredibly good. Blinking is used as a thematic concept, not a literal blink=lose, no blink=win.

kitler53

This game has been out on PC for a while and it's apparently incredibly good. Blinking is used as a thematic concept, not a literal blink=lose, no blink=win.
Rewatches trailer,..

"every time you blink you're going to jump forward in time...."

either you're wrong (my preferred answer) or the trailer is incredibly misleading.

Legend

Rewatches trailer,..

"every time you blink you're going to jump forward in time...."

either you're wrong (my preferred answer) or the trailer is incredibly misleading.
The blink mechanic only applies during certain key moments when a metronome icon is on screen, such as the car ride in the trailer.

nnodley

Still struggling whether to keep my preorder. I'm sure I'd use it a lot now that it's gonna be easy to plug in compared to the first one

kitler53

Still struggling whether to keep my preorder. I'm sure I'd use it a lot now that it's gonna be easy to plug in compared to the first one
was the last one hard?  you push the power button and it's on....

Legend

was the last one hard?  you push the power button and it's on....
Who just leaves a vr headset plugged in?

kitler53

who wouldn't?

that weird little passthrough box didn't obstruct anything with normal PS4 operation. I set it up once and left it like that for what,..  5 years now?

nnodley

Yeah I never left it plugged in. My consoles are never in a spot that would work to leave plugged in. I'd love to leave them right next to it but never worked.  This would be perfect now just have the headset hanging near with no wires and just grab and plug in and go

the-pi-guy

Anyone who can afford the space.

Legend

Jan 20, 2023, 03:26 AM Last Edit: Jan 20, 2023, 03:33 AM by Legend
who wouldn't?

that weird little passthrough box didn't obstruct anything with normal PS4 operation. I set it up once and left it like that for what,..  5 years now?
Box used a front usb which I couldn't leave plugged in.

Also I'll never leave any headset plugged in. Otherwise I'd have to store it out in the open.

Anyone who can afford the space.
It just wouldn't look good.

nnodley

Plus yeah I absolutely love a nice, clean and tidy space. I can take a bit of clutter for a bit but then I get to a point where I have to clear it.

When I got a new uplift desk my wires were a mess and left it for a bit but after awhile I had to do better wire management. Still needs a bit more but I can live with it for a bit.  Lol