The Verge

2K pixels per eye
110-degree diagonal field of view
a 90Hz refresh rate
12GB of memory
128GB of storage
Qualcomm Snapdragon XR2
four wide-angle cameras
Shipping in late February worldwide, it supports the gamut of consumer games and software HTC has offered on past VR headsets, plus mixed reality experiences using full-color passthrough video.
For people who wear glasses, there's a lens diopter adjustment option that's supposed to let you use the device without them in addition to an adjustor for the distance between lenses. The headset's weight includes a back-mounted battery that HTC promises will last around two hours. For longer periods of use, it's hot-swappable -- a small backup battery built into the main headset will keep it running for around 10 minutes while you replace the spent main battery with a fresh one. (The Vive Focus 3 had replaceable batteries, but the headset couldn't run while you were changing them.) The headset charges over USB-C, and its controllers are also rechargeable, offering a battery life of closer to 10 hours.

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Kinda cool with swapping batteries. Not ideal but way better than the alternative.

$1100
I would never pay that much and I hate to admit it, but smartphone level prices kinda make sense for these premium headsets that run games locally.

the-pi-guy

I'm curious how good the lens diopter is.

kitler53

Kinda cool with swapping batteries. Not ideal but way better than the alternative.

I would never pay that much and I hate to admit it, but smartphone level prices kinda make sense for these premium headsets that run games locally.
I'm not saying the tech in the device is being sold for unjustifiable amounts of cash...

...but with highly limited software availability the value proposition is very low. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens