FTC Sues Microsoft over Activision Merger

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Dec 08, 2022, 08:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

FTC for the block! I haven't been this excited about gaming in years.

kitler53

thank you for that google search!!

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Dec 08, 2022, 09:52 PM Last Edit: Dec 08, 2022, 09:54 PM by Legend
FTC sues to block Microsoft's acquisition of Activision - The Washington Post

I turned it into a new thread since this is huge news.

the-pi-guy

I was baffled because I thought I already made a thread.
We got several posts about it here.

kitler53

my current thought is i'm kind of surprised the american's announced this first.   we were all expecting the UK to do this but i think most felt the US would be much less likely.  

so assuming the UK follows suit soon how hard does MS pursue the lawsuits?

also, as a WP subscribers i always laugh at how this line makes it into every other article: "(Amazon founder Jeff Bezos owns The Washington Post)"

kitler53

porting this over from the era thread.   seems relavant:

Straight from the brief they submitted:
https://ec.europa.eu/competition/mergers/cases1/202124/m10001_438_3.pdf

nnodley

MS can just fudge right off, really.

Legend

I was baffled because I thought I already made a thread.
We got several posts about it here.

Oops. Hadn't read that thread yet.

darkknightkryta

Considering the last time you posted =D

nnodley

The amount of big Xbox fans that compare MS buying activision to Sony releasing first party games is baffling

Ms is literally buying and potentially making one of the biggest games of all time exclusive or only allowing a certain amount of time for it to be on other platforms.

It's absolutely not the same things. People are so delusional in their fanboy crud

kitler53

The amount of big Xbox fans that compare MS buying activision to Sony releasing first party games is baffling

Ms is literally buying and potentially making one of the biggest games of all time exclusive or only allowing a certain amount of time for it to be on other platforms.

It's absolutely not the same things. People are so delusional in their fanboy crud
didn't you hear?  FFVII was timed exclusive?!??  completely the same...

Legend

I just don't understand it. Even before Microsoft was buying studios, it was uneven with how Microsoft would buy exclusivity while Sony would build playstation only franchises.

SWORDF1SH

Well, I'll be damned!

the-pi-guy

Like:

nnodley

yes thats one of them i see all the time. I mute and tell twitter i don't want to see his posts, but i see them anyway.  I don't really want to block anyone if they aren't actively doing something against me so i won't block him, but i hate he always comes up with stuff about MS/Acti