Gaming Acquisition |OT| Tencent acquires Lucid Games

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 01, 2022, 06:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Kind of a weird twitter thread by EVP Corporate Affairs and CCO at Activision

kitler53

so playstation is going to be just okay with having the world biggest IP getting ripped away from it (along with several other) after MS already ripped away tons of other IPs from it by acquiring Bethesda all because it has a successful TV show?

Okay, fair enough.  Let's just give AMD/NVidia to Sony then and see how xbox feels about that. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

That's probably the absolute worst argument for MS/Acti deal that i have ever seen. What in the actual fudge.

Since she's CCO she's likely got a hell of a payday coming if the acquisition goes through. Blatantly obvious her intentions.

Legend

Kind of a weird twitter thread by EVP Corporate Affairs and CCO at Activision
No love for the Halo tv show lol

BananaKing

This means if the Mario movie is a success, then Microsoft should also buy EA.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Please no.

BananaKing

Please no.
This will  bomb.

Also its very interesting to see how much IPs can be valued at  

kitler53

the biggest problem is amazon wants to do this with a franchise that has basically bombed as a video game and as a movie in their most recent releases.  they have their work cut out for them because it's not enough to be good,.. it has to be amazing to wash peoples mindset that tomb raider is lackluster.

the-pi-guy

SIE put in it a job posting related to mergers and acquisitions.  

So I guess acquisition season hasn't quite ended. Wonder if it'll depend on the Activision acquisition.

BananaKing

SIE put in it a job posting related to mergers and acquisitions.  

So I guess acquisition season hasn't quite ended. Wonder if it'll depend on the Activision acquisition.
I think Sony will continue with acquisitions regardless if the ABK merger goes through or not.

But I guess it seems they are waiting to see what happens. Any acquisition, specially a big one, might prompt MS to say "see they are doing it too, and they are market leaders"

kitler53

I think Sony will continue with acquisitions regardless if the ABK merger goes through or not.

But I guess it seems they are waiting to see what happens. Any acquisition, specially a big one, might prompt MS to say "see they are doing it too, and they are market leaders"
yes, that.  it would greatly hurt their argument. 

if abk goes through Sony better get SE quickly or MS will take them too. 

Legend

yes, that.  it would greatly hurt their argument.

I guess SE would be worth it just for FF, but without TR and DE would MS prioritize them? Ubisoft is cheaper and has a lot more content that can be pumped out on gamepass.

BananaKing

yes, that.  it would greatly hurt their argument.

Imagine how dysfunctional SE would be under MS.

the-pi-guy

Quote from: Kotick
"I don't think they fully appreciate that it's a free-to-play business, that the Japanese and Chinese companies dominate the industry. You look at Sony, you look at Nintendo, they have these huge libraries of intellectual properties. Sony studios goes back 80 years, Nintendo has the very best characters that exist in video games.
Sauce

"Sony studios goes back 80 years"

What?
That's 4 years older than Sony entirely. Like 40+ years older than Sony pictures. 50+ years old than Sony Interactive.

What is he talking about?

Go Up