TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Jan 25, 2023, 12:52 AM Last Edit: Jan 25, 2023, 01:03 AM by the-pi-guy
Wonder what will happen to squanch games. Those tweets are really gross.

kitler53

the rainbow will never come off that game or studio. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

I hear so much praise from parents about Bluey.

It's got such a unique mix of over-the-top parent silliness and slice of life kind of stuff.

kitler53

bluey is one of the greatest shows ever made.   

you can really tell that parents wrote the show.  they did such a fantastic job of capturing mundane but real parenting things that no one else has ever covered in a way that is so fun for both kids and adults.   very often i can quote or reference bluey to my kids in terms of handling real-life and sometimes difficult situations that my kids face.

i'd recommend to anyone but it is a MUST WATCH to anyone with kids in the 5-10 range.

Dr. Pezus

Adult Swim cuts ties with Justin Roiland (Rick and Morty)

It was recently reported that Roiland was being charged with domestic violence.

And it also came out that he has been inappropriately texting children for the past ~7 years:

Spoiler for Hidden:

I kind of hope they get some good impersonators or something, and continue on without him.
I can't read the messages in the images due to low res  >:(

the-pi-guy

I can't read the messages in the images due to low res  >:(
Most of the messages are in higher res on the tweet above it.

the-pi-guy

Apparently doesn't work in the US, but Sky TV put up the entire TLOU episode 1 on YouTube.

kitler53

da fuq?  is that legal?

the-pi-guy

da fuq?  is that legal?
SkyTV is the distributor in the UK, so they probably locked it down to just the UK.

It's not uncommon for networks to provide the first episode online for free.

the-pi-guy

Season 2 is already confirmed to be happening.

nnodley

I wonder if there will be enough time between season 1 and 2 that bella ramsey might look old enough to be older ellie considering bella ramsey is 19 like ellie is in Part2

kitler53

not surprised the greenlite season 2 but i'm a bit surprised they confirmed it already.   seems like the kind of thing you announce after season 1 finishes airing to help maintain excitement for the series.

BananaKing

Adult Swim cuts ties with Justin Roiland (Rick and Morty)

It was recently reported that Roiland was being charged with domestic violence.

And it also came out that he has been inappropriately texting children for the past ~7 years:

Spoiler for Hidden:

I kind of hope they get some good impersonators or something, and continue on without him.
I was just talking about this with my brother. Listen, I certainly do not support domestic violence and child molestation. But arent all these just allegations?

Since when has the notion of innocent until proven guilty disappeared? If he is proven guilty and there is proof, then i get cutting ties with him.

I hate this cancel culture. Look at the Johnny dep scenario. He had a shame ton of "allegations". All turned out to be battleship.

kitler53

I was just talking about this with my brother. Listen, I certainly do not support domestic violence and child molestation. But arent all these just allegations?

Since when has the notion of innocent until proven guilty disappeared? If he is proven guilty and there is proof, then i get cutting ties with him.

I hate this cancel culture. Look at the Johnny dep scenario. He had a shame ton of "allegations". All turned out to be battleship.
1st amendment and "innocent until proven guilty" is for how government operates.

when it's "private entity" vs. "private entity" no such protection exists.  think of this as the "free market" of ideas.   

in this case adult swim could have looked at the case and said,.. "we think these allegations are BS and we're sticking by you Justin"   But then everyday consumers like you and me could just as easily say, "holy shame, Justin is a complete slimeball and if adult swim is going to keep him employed i'm going to stop watching ANY adult swim show in protest."

Adult swim looked at what facts are available and made the choice they thought was right.  i can't say for sure if he will be held guilty in a court of law but the evidence is quite damning.   adult swim should not be forced to maintain employment of this guy when is jeopardizes their ability to do business.

you don't have to like it.  but at least accept this isn't contrary to freedom of speech.   this is because because we have freedom of speech.   

the only thing that's changed in the last ~20 years is that with the rise of social media is the rise of "lying".   it used to be that no one knew anything unless the media reported it and the media operated by a set of rules to validate information before going public with it.   these days things can go viral with/without any sort of truth behind the allegations.   that's the part of "cancel culture" you should care more about.

the-pi-guy

The narrative director at Squanch Games (which Roiland founded) said that he heard that he wasn't allowed in the writer's room at Adult Swim.

So they may very well feel that they have a basis for believing the allegations.

Go Up