TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

Jan 27, 2023, 10:18 PM Last Edit: Jan 27, 2023, 10:26 PM by BananaKing
1st amendment and "innocent until proven guilty" is for how government operates.

when it's "private entity" vs. "private entity" no such protection exists.  think of this as the "free market" of ideas.  

in this case adult swim could have looked at the case and said,.. "we think these allegations are BS and we're sticking by you Justin"   But then everyday consumers like you and me could just as easily say, "holy shame, Justin is a complete slimeball and if adult swim is going to keep him employed i'm going to stop watching ANY adult swim show in protest."

Adult swim looked at what facts are available and made the choice they thought was right.  i can't say for sure if he will be held guilty in a court of law but the evidence is quite damning.   adult swim should not be forced to maintain employment of this guy when is jeopardizes their ability to do business.

you don't have to like it.  but at least accept this isn't contrary to freedom of speech.   this is because because we have freedom of speech.  

the only thing that's changed in the last ~20 years is that with the rise of social media is the rise of "lying".   it used to be that no one knew anything unless the media reported it and the media operated by a set of rules to validate information before going public with it.   these days things can go viral with/without any sort of truth behind the allegations.   that's the part of "cancel culture" you should care more about.
I dont think this has anything to do with freedom of speech. Its about firing a person without grounds for dismissal.  If allegations are proven true in a court of law, then fire him, as you have grounds for dismissal. If not, then its innocent until proven guilty. And they shouldn't legally be allowed to fire him  

The narrative director at Squanch Games (which Roiland founded) said that he heard that he wasn't allowed in the writer's room at Adult Swim.

So they may very well feel that they have a basis for believing the allegations.
They may have a basis for it. I am not saying he IS innocent. Im saying he is innocent until proven guilty. Which is a process that takes time.

Again, look at johny dep, everybody jumped the gun, then it turned out he was the one of domestic violence and abuse. Not the other way around.

There is a process to examine a situation for a reason. And getting rid of that process will result in people who are innocent being labeled and treated as guilty.

the-pi-guy

Legend

I wonder if there will be enough time between season 1 and 2 that bella ramsey might look old enough to be older ellie considering bella ramsey is 19 like ellie is in Part2
Yeah they can always just change her design, but current TV show Ellie is very far from tlou2 ellie.

kitler53

I dont think this has anything to do with freedom of speech. Its about firing a person without grounds for dismissal.  If allegations are proven true in a court of law, then fire him, as you have grounds for dismissal. If not, then its innocent until proven guilty. And they shouldn't legally be allowed to fire him  
They may have a basis for it. I am not saying he IS innocent. Im saying he is innocent until proven guilty. Which is a process that takes time.

Again, look at johny dep, everybody jumped the gun, then it turned out he was the one of domestic violence and abuse. Not the other way around.

There is a process to examine a situation for a reason. And getting rid of that process will result in people who are innocent being labeled and treated as guilty.
it's absolutely about speech.   

owning a business and having a person on my payroll that is known to sexually harass women is the same thing as saying i'm okay with sexual harassment.  

with justin it's not even entirely about whether he beat his wife.   he absolutely made those tweets to underage girls.   keeping him in employment is an endorsement of that behavior.  

plenty of shame bags have jobs.  companies can't fully monitor every person in their employment.   the key to being a chicken nugget with a job is keeping quite about being a shame bag.  as soon as that becomes public companies will fire you.  the "decency clause" has been upheld in court as a fundamental freedom of speech right of employers.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

so I actually went and read the tweets, saw the pictures, and saw the comments from people close to the situation.

It seems they fired him/cut ties because it was more than a simple allegation. While I stand by my point that you shouldn't fire someone simply because of an allegation, this situation however, reeks. And reeks badly. Quiet frankly, it seems they actually tolerated this shame more than they should have.

kitler53

Jan 28, 2023, 02:18 PM Last Edit: Jan 28, 2023, 02:20 PM by kitler53
I hear so much praise from parents about Bluey.

It's got such a unique mix of over-the-top parent silliness and slice of life kind of stuff.

watching bluey with my daughter right now and found a perfect example of how well they capture modern parenthood in just 4 words:

mom: "we don't put muffy on time-out anymore."

dad: "What!?!  Since when??"

mom: "I read a blog."

oh man,. that fight is a perfect reflection of my household. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

Ok I'm really liking Lockwood and Co on Netflix. Feels really good compared to the book so far. I just hope it does well to continue to get more seasons

Dr. Pezus

Ok I'm really liking Lockwood and Co on Netflix. Feels really good compared to the book so far. I just hope it does well to continue to get more seasons
Ooh I'll check it out. Hadnt heard about it. First reviews positive and I need something to watch!

nnodley

Ooh I'll check it out. Hadnt heard about it. First reviews positive and I need something to watch!
It's an interesting concept about ghosts and they've translated it well to TV so I'm hoping it continues doing well

nnodley

This episode was a huge departure from the game. Not quite sure how to feel about it. I think it works better for tv but dang it's a big change

Dr. Pezus

Wow what a good story this episode.  :D

Expecting it to be review bombed though

the-pi-guy

Wow what a good story this episode.  :D

Already has.

1.2:
~27k 10's
~400 1's

1.3:
~23k 10's
~8.4k 1's

nnodley

Wow what a good story this episode.  :D

Yeah it was a good no doubt. But:

Spoiler for Hidden:
I just really wanted to see some of the interactions between bill and Ellie. Those were some of the best in part 1.

Dr. Pezus

Already has.

1.2:
~27k 10's
~400 1's

1.3:
~23k 10's
~8.4k 1's
How is the world still like this. Was a beautiful episode imo

the-pi-guy

'The Last of Us' TV Ratings Grow Again for Episode 3 - The Hollywood Reporter

Sunday's installment brought in 6.4 million cross-platform viewers, up from 5.7 million the previous week and 4.7 million for its Jan. 15 premiere. The uptick on Sunday came despite the episode debuting at the same time as the hugely watched AFC Championship game on CBS.

Go Up