Warner Bros Discovery |OT| DC Reboot

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 03, 2022, 11:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

the-pi-guy

Isn't the actor part old news?
I think some people were still assuming that Momoa would be Aquaman.

Gal Gadot had a weird thing where people thought she was coming back, and then she wasn't.

The rest were confirmed a while ago.  

Legend

That's good. House of Dragon was great.

the-pi-guy

lol  

"Batman can't kill is canon. And I'm like, 'okay, the first thing I wanna do when you say that is I wanna see what happens'. And they go, 'well don't put him in a situation where he has to kill someone'.

"You're protecting your god in a weird way, right? You're making your god irrelevant if he can't be in that situation. He has to now deal with that. If he does do that what does that mean? What does it tell you, does he stand up to it? Does he survive that as a god? As your god, can Batman survive that?"
He also compared it to his other comic book film Watchmen and its mature story. "Once you've lost your virginity to this f**king movie and then you come and say to me something about like, 'My superhero wouldn't do that'. I'm like 'Are you serious?' I'm like down the f**king road on that. It's a cool point of view to be like 'my heroes are still innocent. My heroes didn't f**king lie to America. My heroes didn't embezzle money from their corporations. My heroes didn't commit any atrocities'. That's cool. But you're living in a f**king dream world."

kitler53

well that's a dumb take.   

i like things like "the boys" which puts a more realistic spin on super heros by making them "people" instead of completely altruistic.    ...but batman not killing anyone is core cannon for his character.   if he goes around killing people than he's just a vigilante and not a hero.  

how about this snyder,..  if you can't make a batman movie without murder than you are "irrelevant".   step aside and give the franchise to a good director.   christopher nolan made the 3 greatest batman movies ever and he didn't need to make batman a murderer to do it.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Snyder already stepped aside, that's why he made those comments.

Also batman kills a few people in various movies. I thought he was just like most modern super heroes where killing is no bueno but it still happens from time to time.

kitler53

Snyder already stepped aside, that's why he made those comments.

Also batman kills a few people in various movies. I thought he was just like most modern super heroes where killing is no bueno but it still happens from time to time.
no really.   so like i googled it and found a website that claims to document the times batman killed someone.   you get a bunch of stuff like this:

Batman Begins (2005) - The League of Shadows

Bruce Wayne's journey to becoming Batman begins on a worldwide trek, where he lives and breathes the underworld. He is approached by Ra's al Ghul whose teachings help Bruce turn fear against his enemies. The master and student defer in their definition of justice, however, leading to Bruce defying the League of Shadows and rite of passage: killing a criminal. Bruce creates a diversion by setting their temple on fire to escape. Members of the League of Shadows lost their lives to the flames and explosion on the mountainside.
that's not really "killing" them.   batman has been in many circumstances where he "failed to save" someone but that's not the same thing as putting a gun to someones head and pulling the trigger.   yes some of batman's actions have resulted in the death of a person but the important part is none of those actions were made with the intent to kill someone.  

Legend

Is that not the same as spiderman and others?

the-pi-guy

Mar 07, 2024, 07:38 PM Last Edit: Mar 07, 2024, 07:40 PM by the-pi-guy
no really.   so like i googled it and found a website that claims to document the times batman killed someone.   you get a bunch of stuff like this:

that's not really "killing" them.   batman has been in many circumstances where he "failed to save" someone but that's not the same thing as putting a gun to someones head and pulling the trigger.   yes some of batman's actions have resulted in the death of a person but the important part is none of those actions were made with the intent to kill someone.  
Even that, there's quite a few fans who find that reasoning dubious.

I've never seen Spider-man and others knock guns out of their (kind of) allies' hands.  

Nolan Batman:

Snyder Batman:
r/BatmanArkham - a person in a garment holding a gun

kitler53

i mean, yeah kinda mostly.   there aren't too many in the original set of super heros (DC and marvel) that or going around killing in purpose.  pretty much all of them are altruistic.   it's just not cannon for them like it is for batman. 

Go Up