Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 04, 2022, 02:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SWORDF1SH

SWORDF1SH

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

SWORDF1SH

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-to-disable-two-factor-authentication-by-text-non-twitter-blue-subscribers/

we'll that's a first I believe...

Legend

lol facebook is going to charge people $12 a month for the verification mark or whatever.

Is twitter actually making money off this, or is it just one stupid company following another?

SWORDF1SH

lol facebook is going to charge people $12 a month for the verification mark or whatever.

Is twitter actually making money off this, or is it just one stupid company following another?
I feel like Facebook can justify charging more than Twitter, they have more to offer businesses. I have a page for my business and  what they offer for free is great. If they can add some perks along with the verification badge they can make it an attractive offer.  Twitter has a long way to go to make the $8 sub attractive.

I hate Facebook and never use it unless it's for my page so i would consider subbing for my business if it will helps it. Also never been a fan of Twitter but do use it and would consider subbing up for personal use if it offered me the right stuff and  becomes a better place.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

lulz,. sign of a successful CEO

SWORDF1SH

Unfortunately the BBC is almost as bad a American mainstream media. This is just a buzzword filled article riddled with bs *sigh*

On the other hand, Elon did provide us with a wtf moment. An employee confronted Elon if he had been fired or not and Elon responded and led to exchanges like this

Maybe better to be dealt with in private but also great to see this play out because we got to see both sides, Elon eventually talking to the guy, working out he was in the wrong and owning up to his mistake.

Dr. Pezus

Unfortunately the BBC is almost as bad a American mainstream media. This is just a buzzword filled article riddled with bs *sigh*

On the other hand, Elon did provide us with a wtf moment. An employee confronted Elon if he had been fired or not and Elon responded and led to exchanges like this

Maybe better to be dealt with in private but also great to see this play out because we got to see both sides, Elon eventually talking to the guy, working out he was in the wrong and owning up to his mistake.

This whole thing has been embarrassing for Musk honestly. Belittling his disability and speaking without knowing anything about his situation apparently. His only option was to apologise honestly.

BTW this Hal guy is Icelandic and extremely well liked here for helping with various things with his money.

SWORDF1SH

Mar 08, 2023, 12:45 PM Last Edit: Mar 08, 2023, 12:51 PM by SWORDF1SH
This whole thing has been embarrassing for Musk honestly. Belittling his disability and speaking without knowing anything about his situation apparently. His only option was to apologise honestly.

BTW this Hal guy is Icelandic and extremely well liked here for helping with various things with his money.

Definitely embarrassing but I don't think he intentionally belittled his disability but there was definitely a lack of understanding.
I looked into some of the stuff Hal has done and he is a genuine good human being.

As much as I like Musk and believe he tries to do good, he is a flawed human being which makes me like him even more. But when he fudges up, he needs to have the appropriate backlash.

kitler53

musk is an american conservative.  not getting the facts before making an opinion is pretty much the standard these days.   did you guys see that interview with newt gingrich where he says opinions are the same thing as facts because if the people believe it is true then it is true?

SWORDF1SH

musk is an american conservative.  not getting the facts before making an opinion is pretty much the standard these days.   did you guys see that interview with newt gingrich where he says opinions are the same thing as facts because if the people believe it is true then it is true?
He's never voted Conservative and he made it clear he doesn't vote playing favourites. And you've had plenty of opinions about Elon without getting the facts, so...

kitler53

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/20/1164654551/twitter-poop-emoji-elon-musk

...the height of maturity.  such a leader.

the-pi-guy

Free speech going well, as long as it's the right speech...

Go Up