Twitter now owned by Elon Musk

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 04, 2022, 02:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Dec 18, 2022, 07:02 PM Last Edit: Dec 18, 2022, 07:07 PM by the-pi-guy

image.png

Legend

Well that's not gonna have the effect they want lol.

the-pi-guy

Rash from Elon tbh although he acted while still hot beaded over his baby boy being put in danger. The rage over this is a bit over the top. Why are opinions so polarised on absolutely everything?
And probably deserved if they are normalising doxxing. This is very dangerous and needs to be nipped in the bud
Well apparently now, reporting on doxxing is doxxing.

SWORDF1SH

Dec 18, 2022, 08:58 PM Last Edit: Dec 18, 2022, 09:20 PM by SWORDF1SH
Well apparently now, reporting on doxxing is doxxing.

If they only just report on the doxxing then it clearly isn't doxxing. I didn't see the tweets of the temporary suspended accounts.

image.png
This is so dumb. I understand maybe banning accounts from owners of other social platforms that are trying ro take users away by saying stuff like "twitter bad, come to our social network". They never should be banned for offering a service.
Stupid move.

Legend

This is so dumb. I understand maybe banning accounts from owners of other social platforms that are trying ro take users away by saying stuff like "twitter bad, come to our social network". They never should be banned for offering a service.
Stupid move.
That's why I still think a dedicated forum makes sense. Reddit, discord, and twitter are great for building a community but overnight they could become non viable.

Legend

SWORDF1SH

Dec 19, 2022, 12:19 AM Last Edit: Dec 19, 2022, 12:33 AM by SWORDF1SH

Yes he should. He's making too many mistakes and right now he's fighting a battle with the press that he will never win. He's laid out what Twitter will be and now it must become that.

Ok this is better but he needs to quit the knee jerk reactions.

Legend

Yes he should. He's making too many mistakes and right now he's fighting a battle with the press that he will never win. He's laid out what Twitter will be and now it must become that.

Ok this is better but he needs to quit the knee jerk reactions.

I don't think the fail fast approach has ever been used so publicly. It's certainly interesting to follow.

SWORDF1SH

kitler53

"fail fast" is just a way to say "too dumb to even think before acting" and is a great way to just straight up fail. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

SWORDF1SH

"fail fast" is just a way to say "too dumb to even think before acting" and is a great way to just straight up fail.
Have to agree. Elon is a but rash. His style suited when twitter needed a clear out and rebuilt and even building a companies from scratch like tesla and space x. It can be a positive trait but when you're messing with a public forum and policies you need to implement changes gradually and think about the knock on effect. Banning links to other socials was way to far but he was equally quick to see the reaction and adjust the rule to something more understandable. At least we can give him credit for that.

kitler53

Have to agree. Elon is a but rash. His style suited when twitter needed a clear out and rebuilt and even building a companies from scratch like tesla and space x. It can be a positive trait but when you're messing with a public forum and policies you need to implement changes gradually and think about the knock on effect. Banning links to other socials was way to far but he was equally quick to see the reaction and adjust the rule to something more understandable. At least we can give him credit for that.
but like,..  is there not a single other employee working at Twitter or is Elon working in complete isolation?

sure, some twits convinced him his rule was too harsh but was the balanced approach soo novel it took millions of people to see it or could literally any level headed person in the world that gave it more than 2 seconds of thought been able to figure that out?

I vote for the 2nd option..

it doesn't feel like something that deserves "credit".  it would be like giving Louis c.k credit for seeing the reaction and figuring out to put his sucker back in his pants after taking it out at work...  

kitler53

in other news,.. after banning him on Twitter r/elonjettracker opened on reddit.  

over 200,000 subs in like a week.  

so like that totally backfired on him.

SWORDF1SH

Dec 19, 2022, 01:33 PM Last Edit: Dec 19, 2022, 01:39 PM by SWORDF1SH
but like,..  is there not a single other employee working at Twitter or is Elon working in complete isolation?

sure, some twits convinced him his rule was too harsh but was the balanced approach soo novel it took millions of people to see it or could literally any level headed person in the world that gave it more than 2 seconds of thought been able to figure that out?

I vote for the 2nd option..

it doesn't feel like something that deserves "credit".  it would be like giving Louis c.k credit for seeing the reaction and figuring out to put his sucker back in his pants after taking it out at work...  
He needs to surround himself with some good people to run Twitter. The problem is finding people who are capable and also remain mostly neutral (impossible to find somebody completely neutral)

in other news,.. after banning him on Twitter r/elonjettracker opened on reddit.  

over 200,000 subs in like a week.  

so like that totally backfired on him.
I think it's a good rule to have but again, he implemented it in the wrong way. But the press are disgusting for not condemning doxxing just because it involves Elon.

Legend

Go Up