- Specs
- TV output resolution
- Joycons
- Everything else basically

BananaKing

So this is the long rumored switch pro?

Xevross

So this is the long rumored switch pro?
Well its not what was rumoured but it seems this is it.

The screen is slightly bigger and OLED but the same resolution, the inbuilt speakers are better, the storage is about 30GB more, the stand is a bit better and the dock has an ethernet port. So, not really a Pro. Feels more like a refined S or slim model that we normally see from PS or xbox.

Xevross

This is now even more embarassing, we knew he was wrong and that the footage was regular switch but now it turns out there is no switch pro anyway.

the-pi-guy

This is now even more embarassing, we knew he was wrong and that the footage was regular switch but now it turns out there is no switch pro anyway.
Even more embarrassing is that he apparently retweeted it saying the Bloomberg reporting was spot on.  

I guess even Jason is wrong about things.

Legend

This is why I don't assume insiders are right lol. Switch HD made so much sense but nope, guess it is almost the opposite of what everyone was talking about.

Wonder if this means Switch will just have a full Switch 2 in a year or two instead.

Xevross

Most interesting thing about this is the pokemon remakes do seem to have gotten a good graphical upgrade. I'll be interested to see the overworld closer to release, maybe it won't look horrible anymore.

Xevross

Jul 06, 2021, 07:29 PM Last Edit: Jul 06, 2021, 07:31 PM by Xevross
So this basically is just like the XL model for their usual handheld line, so they're still treating Switch like a handheld in some ways.

The best thing about this thing is its looks/ colour scheme, its a very nice looking piece of tech.

The OG switch still being $300 and this being $50 more is hilarious. This should have either replaced the current model or it should be $300 with the regular getting a $50 cut. Of course, Nintendo have no need to do that because Switch is still selling insanely well.

kitler53

very disappointed by not at all surprised.   

i wanted to believe the rumors but this,.. well this is the nintendo i know and loath.   pretty lazy effort and as legend said this should  have replaced the $300 model and not introduced at a $50 premium.   much better color scheme but a terrible price point at $350.   i cannot justify buying this.   i think this confirms i'm skipping the switch entirely this gen.   unless my son really begs for one i'm out.

maybe the next hardware will have BC and i can play the handful of switch games i want there.   lol, i know i'm trolling.   ...nintendo will port them all at a full $70 price tag and with no improvements.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

i wanted to believe the rumors but this,.. well this is the nintendo i know and loath.   pretty lazy effort and as legend said this should  have replaced the $300 model and not introduced at a $50 premium.   much better color scheme but a terrible price point at $350.   i cannot justify buying this.   i think this confirms i'm skipping the switch entirely this gen.   unless my son really begs for one i'm out.

maybe the next hardware will have BC and i can play the handful of switch games i want there.   lol, i know i'm trolling.   ...nintendo will port them all at a full $70 price tag and with no improvements.
That was Xev.

Xevross

i wanted to believe the rumors but this,.. well this is the nintendo i know and loath.   pretty lazy effort and as legend said this should  have replaced the $300 model and not introduced at a $50 premium.   much better color scheme but a terrible price point at $350.   i cannot justify buying this.   i think this confirms i'm skipping the switch entirely this gen.   unless my son really begs for one i'm out.

maybe the next hardware will have BC and i can play the handful of switch games i want there.   lol, i know i'm trolling.   ...nintendo will port them all at a full $70 price tag and with no improvements.
Well Grubb and NateDrake have come out and said they knew this year was just the OLED and the real Switch Pro has been planned 2022 for a while. So, we'll see.

Legend

Well Grubb and NateDrake have come out and said they knew this year was just the OLED and the real Switch Pro has been planned 2022 for a while. So, we'll see.
lol sure. They couldn't have emphasized OLED=2021 and Pro=2022 during the past few months?

Insiders gotta insider.

Xevross

lol sure. They couldn't have emphasized OLED=2021 and Pro=2022 during the past few months?

Insiders gotta insider.
Apparently NateDrake said it before but people mostly ignored him.

BananaKing

maybe the next hardware will have BC and i can play the handful of switch games i want there
.   lol, i know i'm trolling.   ...nintendo will port them all at a full $70 price tag and with no improvements.
Hahahahahaha sure sure.