XBOX COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Slayer, Sep 05, 2014, 02:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Such a joke. "Sure we'll use this purchase to strong arm the industry and try to grow a monopoly, but our monopoly will cover new markets too!"
I feel like it's not too often you sound mad.  :o

kitler53

1. i like how this starts out with a declaration of multi-platness love that ends on a very spefic "call of duty will be on playstation".   the MS i know and hate is peaking though here,... everything else is probably going exclusive.   they craft their messages so carefully to sound like one thing but mean another.  i will not believe this statement will extend to things like diablo or doom or wolfenstein or all those many dozens of other franchises that have a long history of multiplate releases.  this statement is only for CoD and only to appease regulatory and tbh,... only extends to the end of the previously signed marketing contracts playstation established with activision for which MS couldn't weasel out of if they wanted to.  

2. @Legend - great post.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

1. i like how this starts out with a declaration of multi-platness love that ends on a very spefic "call of duty will be on playstation".   the MS i know and hate is peaking though here,... everything else is probably going exclusive.  they craft their messages so carefully to sound like one thing but mean another.  i will not believe this statement will extend to things like diablo or doom or wolfenstein or all those many dozens of other franchises that have a long history of multiplate releases.  this statement is only for CoD and only to appease regulatory and tbh,... only extends to the end of the previously signed marketing contracts playstation established with activision for which MS couldn't weasel out of if they wanted to.  
This is probably the critical point here, about their messaging.
Focus on the part that's true, ignore the rest.

CoD probably to some extent needs to be on everything. Diablo probably doesn't.

I feel like realistic best case scenario, would be that any new IPs are exclusive, whereas everything else continues on the same platforms.

But chances are even better that it will just be CoD.

the-pi-guy

"In January, we provided a signed agreement to Sony to guarantee Call of Duty on PlayStation, with feature and content parity, for at least several more years beyond the current Sony contract, an offer that goes well beyond typical gaming industry agreements," says Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer in a statement to The Verge.
Sauce

Ooof.
On the one hand it sounds like it's quite a ways out, on the other hand, this doesn't sound like CoD will be on PlayStation forever.

Legend

Sauce

Ooof.
On the one hand it sounds like it's quite a ways out, on the other hand, this doesn't sound like CoD will be on PlayStation forever.
No COD on PS6.

Also they could raise the price. If COD is $80 on both Xbox and PlayStation but "free" on gamepass...

the-pi-guy

Legend

Deathloop was pretty fun. Would be happy if Microsoft makes a second one.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

i'll be interested to see what they did to be "optimized for controllers".   i've yet to see a good solution but i did love RTSs back when i had a PC.   here's hoping they found something novel that actually works and consoles finally start getting RTSs.

the-pi-guy

https://www.resetera.com/threads/entire-xbox-360-marketplace-to-potentially-close-by-may-2023.682777/

It would be quite something if MS closed the 360 marketplace first. Especially after the backlash that Sony got.

kitler53

MS gets preferred treatment..

it's a nothing burger that MS is doing this.  it was a nothing burger when Sony tried to but hating on Sony is pretty popular. 

Legend

MS gets preferred treatment..

it's a nothing burger that MS is doing this.  it was a nothing burger when Sony tried to but hating on Sony is pretty popular.
Ps3 just got a new game a few months ago!

Reddit - Dive into anything

But yes, shut it down. It's been 10 years.

the-pi-guy

r/aoe2 - Xbox: market looks like an oversized piece of wall

Apparently there's a glitch that makes the markets look like walls.   ;D (Age of Empires II)

Legend

Good!

I downloaded it earlier today since I've been wanting to try it.

Legend

Phil Spencer is trending on Twitter for negative reasons and the series x subreddit isn't too happy either.

Are yall seeing this sentiment in your circles too? Hopefully Xbox has a good NotE3 show to restore some confidence.

Go Up