XBOX COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Slayer, Sep 05, 2014, 02:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

37% growth seems quite a bit lower than the rumors.  

They were at 15 million in September, so that seems like they might have closer to 20m users.

Short of MS's management failing miserably (which it probably will), I think we will start seeing more first party games hitting the service and more subscribers.

kitler53

37% growth seems quite a bit lower than the rumors.  

They were at 15 million in September, so that seems like they might have closer to 20m users.

Short of MS's management failing miserably (which it probably will), I think we will start seeing more first party games hitting the service and more subscribers.
massively lower than rumors which had it at 30 million.  the 15 million september caps the gamepass number at 20.5 million,.. but really its less since the number runs june 2020 to june 2021.   given the january number 18 million it means almost no growth since then. 

1. that underscores why MS tri d to double the cost of live. 

2. i still don't think MS's content will move the numbers all that much.  yes there will be growth from here but i still go back to the ps4 having an attach rate of 10.  most gamers just don't need a $180 all you can eat buffet of games.  most gamers only buy 1 game a year. i don't think xcloud can move the numbers either.  consoles are already cheap and easy.  there is no major hurdle keeping people from playing the kind of games on consoles.  really,.. there are just only so many of us that want these kinds of games. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

kitler53

i read that as: "i just saw that GoW sold 20 million.  i wish we had any games that could even sell half of that..."

BananaKing

i read that as: "i just saw that GoW sold 20 million.  i wish we had any games that could even sell half of that..."
Crazy how things change. If you would have told me last gen Sony would have 5 franchises that outsell halo I would have laughed in your face. But now Gow, uncharted, TLoU and spiderman all outsold the best selling halo. And Horizon now outsells their current halo games. Heck Ghost of Tutshima may even reach that level too.

kitler53

the-pi-guy

What they're saying: "We've learned a lot," Xbox's Phil Spencer told Axios when we discussed Bungie's history with Xbox in late October.

Asked if the split was inevitable or if Microsoft could have held on to them, he added: "Could we do it today? I think we could."
But he said he understands why they left. "At the time they had big ambitions. They had sold their business for a certain amount of money. They saw what Halo turned into. And it's like, 'OK, Microsoft benefited more than Bungie did from the success of Halo.' There's no other story that can be written there."
He mused, "If you're saying, 'Hey, I think I've got another one of those in me. I want to really take another chance,' I can understand the allure of doing that as an independent company."
Xbox chief thinks today's Microsoft could have kept Halo-maker Bungie - Axios

kitler53

putting the aquisition feelers out there I see...

the-pi-guy

Dec 13, 2021, 05:22 PM Last Edit: Dec 13, 2021, 05:24 PM by the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

I think I've seen this before though.

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

Legend

the-pi-guy

Gaming for everyone, everywhere: our view on the Activision Blizzard acquisition - Microsoft On the Issues

We intend to make Activision Blizzard's much-loved library of games - including Overwatch, Diablo and Call of Duty - available in Game Pass and to grow those gaming communities. By delivering even more value to players, we hope to continue growing Game Pass, extending its appeal to mobile phones and any connected device.

Legend

Gaming for everyone, everywhere: our view on the Activision Blizzard acquisition - Microsoft On the Issues

Such a joke. "Sure we'll use this purchase to strong arm the industry and try to grow a monopoly, but our monopoly will cover new markets too!"

Go Up