The Last of Us Part II: Bet on the Metacritic score

Started by Xevross, Jun 07, 2020, 11:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

The Last of Us Part II for PS4 Reviews - OpenCritic

The Last of Us Part II for PlayStation 4 Reviews - Metacritic

Same rules as the GOW thread. Give a high, medium, and low prediction. We are betting on Metacritic score due to tradition even though Opencritic is the superior website (grr).

IE you expect it to get a 95 so you set that as your middle. Then you set 97 as your high because you don't think the game has a good chance of scoring above that. Then you set 88 as your low because you don't expect the game to score lower than that.

RESULTS WILL NOW BE SCORED SO THAT AN OVERALL WINNER CAN BE DETERMINED AT THE END OF THE YEAR. IF YOU HAVE THE CLOSEST PREDICTION, YOU EARN POINTS: SCORE +=100-(high prediction-low prediction)*2. IF THE FINAL MC FALLS OUTSIDE YOUR HIGH AND LOW PREDICTIONS, YOU LOSE POINTS: SCORE -=50.

Review embargo ends when the countdown ends. Feel free to post predictions and edit them up till that time.

100:
99: the-Pi-guy, nnodley
98: Xevross, BananaKing
97: nnodley, Legend
96: Xevross, the-Pi-guy, Dr. Pezus
95: Legend, kitler
94: BananaKing, Dr. Pezus, kitler, Xevross, nnodley
93:  
92: the-Pi-guy, kitler, Dr. Pezus
91: BananaKing
90: Legend
89:
88:
87:
86:
85:
84:
83:
82:
81:
79:
78:
77:
76:
75:
74:  

Xevross

I basically made this thread because I wanna predict this and we haven't done one of these in ages!

Nice and tight range, I feel very confident with this.

Legend

I have been in a media blackout so this is just based on the early videos, nd as a whole, and some stuff I saw about the leaks.

the-pi-guy

Jun 07, 2020, 11:55 PM Last Edit: Jun 10, 2020, 11:41 PM by the-pi-guy

kitler53

the only way this gets 96 is if it suddenly is published by nintendo...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

the only way this gets 96 is if it suddenly is published by nintendo...
Don't be silly.

Rockstar's name could also get it that high.
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Plus even though it&#39;s old, Uncharted 2 got a 96...<br>

Xevross

I have been in a media blackout so this is just based on the early videos, nd as a whole, and some stuff I saw about the leaks.

Seems as though if you haven't watched the leaked videos themselves there's a good chance what you heard is fake. People who are finishing it are saying most of the "leaked" info out there is fake, and the real stuff is taken totally out of context and made to look worse.

Previews are absolutely glowing and snippets from twitter are what's making me confident of 94+. Thought I'd bet 96 since most of you guys are likely to stick to 94-95 :D

the-pi-guy

I'm really expecting it to be a 96 game with some trolls bringing it down.  

nnodley

I'm going out on a limb here:

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

I'm really expecting it to be a 96 game with some trolls bringing it down.  
I think it'll be a 97 game a couple bogus reviews bringing it down :P

Xevross

So many people with the game, despite the embargo, can't help but spill how much they love this game. Seems like we may be getting R* levels of reviews here.

Dr. Pezus

So many people with the game, despite the embargo, can't help but spill how much they love this game. Seems like we may be getting R* levels of reviews here.
Minus the classic ND "too much narrative" points

BananaKing

the-pi-guy