PS4 Sells Through 50 Million Worldwide

Started by Xevross, Dec 07, 2016, 01:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

BananaKing

great sales.

so that means sony sold 14.1 million units this year, with 3 weeks left to go?

Xevross

great sales.

so that means sony sold 14.1 million units this year, with 3 weeks left to go?
It'll be over 14.1 million, how much over we have no idea as it will have nearly a million last week. And there are 4 weeks left of the 2016 period. I'd guess the average sales for those 4 weeks will be just under a million, so it could well make it to 18 million for 2016.

DerNebel

Also almost 370 million games sold, so on average over 7 per person.

Xevross

Dec 07, 2016, 02:13 PM Last Edit: Dec 07, 2016, 02:16 PM by Xevross
Weird that they estimated it on a tuesday. Normally they do end of week data. I guess then that at the end of last week it was at about 40.8-40.9 million.

It sold 17.4 million last year so to top that it needs an average of ~ 900k a week for the last 4 weeks of the year, which I think it should easily manage given BF was its biggest ever.

Dr. Pezus

Crazy stuff. And that's with "lackluster"  BF deals

Legend

Nice!
It's done this in just 3 years. Less than two years to go for it to outsell PS3, then another year to outsell PS1.

Dr. Pezus

Oh GameSpot...

For Black Friday, Sony said the PlayStation brand enjoyed the best week in the company's history. However, no specifics were provided. A third-party report claimed that Microsoft's Xbox One outperformed the PS4 on Black Friday.

DerNebel

Crazy stuff. And that's with "lackluster"  BF deals
US deals were pretty lackluster, European deals not at all.

Aura7541

Oh GameSpot...

For Black Friday, Sony said the PlayStation brand enjoyed the best week in the company's history. However, no specifics were provided. A third-party report claimed that Microsoft's Xbox One outperformed the PS4 on Black Friday.
I like how they referenced their own article and forgot to mention that Adobe's report only looked at online sales.

Dr. Pezus

I like how they referenced their own article and forgot to mention that Adobe's report only looked at online sales.
And also only in the US, surely? Not really relevant when Sony announce a global milestone

Mmm_fish_tacos

Guys  they only announced numbers today because they lost npd.

Dr. Pezus

You think? Or maybe because it's a huge milestone.

Aura7541

The thing is Microsoft's post-Black Friday PR was even more anemic.

Mmm_fish_tacos

You think? Or maybe because it's a huge milestone.
Na, just poking fun at fan boys.