Elite: Dangerous OT: job simulator 3304 AD

Started by Legend, Oct 15, 2015, 01:05 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I need to get back playing this game.
1.5 update is releasing in a few weeks, same goes for Horizons. Build up your cash now!

Mmm_fish_tacos

1.5 update is releasing in a few weeks, same goes for Horizons. Build up your cash now!
It's just so hard man. Going from a 120 inch screen down to 27, the game almost not the same. And this is exactly why I think VR is going to transform the gaming landscape. At the very least, games like this and Simulation will be near unplayable once you experience it. Like a steering wheel for racing games, or a fight stick for fighters.

Legend

It's just so hard man. Going from a 120 inch screen down to 27, the game almost not the same. And this is exactly why I think VR is going to transform the gaming landscape. At the very least, games like this and Simulation will be near unplayable once you experience it. Like a steering wheel for racing games, or a fight stick for fighters.
Simulation?

Also yeah being immersed in the game would be great. Are you planning on buying vive at release?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Simulation?

Also yeah being immersed in the game would be great. Are you planning on buying vive at release?
Right now I'm leaning towards the rift.

Yeah, racing, flying ect.

Legend

Oh My Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch it all!!!!

Legend

Legend

Beta 1.5 is live and people are taking awesome pics of the new ships

Legend

I ended up reading wikipedia about Elite. Wowza was I in the dark.

First Elite came out in 1984 and had practically all the same gameplay possibilities as Elite Dangerous.

Had piracy, trade, military missions, bounty hunting, and asteroid mining just with a smaller scope. Consisted of 8 galaxies with 256 planets each, and every star had exactly one star with one orbital. Was literally the first 3d open world and first open ended game. Apparently was industry defining and I'm a young dweebo for not knowing about it. Elite 30 years later: Comparing screenshots from 1984 and 2014 | GamesBeat | Games | by Dan Crawley

Then Frontier: Elite 2 released in 1993, the same year as Star Fox.

Added complex star systems, planetary landings with cities, millions of planets, true 1 to 1 scale with real space, and accurate newtonian mechanics.

So Elite Dangerous not only looks promising, but it's made by developers that have an extremely good track record and know what they're doing.

Plus I learned that Frontier had a cancelled 2006 FPS even. Used procedural generation for story.

By gosh they might actually succeed with their incredible lofty expansion goals.

Legend

Not my screenshot, but I'll post some of my own later.

Legend

Too true!!!

Brings back memories of when I was a noob.

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

Go Up