Say Anything About The Game You're Currently Playing...

Started by ethomaz, Jun 05, 2014, 03:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SWORDF1SH

3 games on my wish list just got discounted. Infra, Obra Dinn and Outer Wilds. Excited for Infra at only £6. Well I'm sorted for a while.

Legend

3 games on my wish list just got discounted. Infra, Obra Dinn and Outer Wilds. Excited for Infra at only £6. Well I'm sorted for a while.
Let me know what infra is like. I go into these games as blind as possible so I haven't known if Infra is what I'm into.

Also since Hapax is taking too long, just buy the DLC for Outer Wilds. It's eerily similar lol.

So one of my great shames as a gamer: /s

is that I've never finished Horizon 1. I remember getting stuck on some boss battle, that I think was the last one in the game, and wasn't able to get out of it to do other things.

Tried a couple of other times to play through, but usually I get picked up by another game. I feel like it's an issue I've always had. I feel like I would rather play my favorite game 11 times, rather than play a game I even like just fine once through. Especially if I hit a wall somewhere and stop having fun. It's just easier to play something else for a bit.

I still haven't played Horizon 2 despite preordering it. I would like to genuinely get into Horizon 1, and finish it.

So many games I'd like to play. It just feels kind of discouraging. I usually only have an hour or two a day to play a game, and it often feels discouraging to play long games if I'm not absolutely loving every second of it.  Like Death Stranding is like 40 hours for a typical playthrough. Which means it would probably take me somewhere between 3 and 6 weeks to play it through.

But I'm going to try to finish Horizon this time.

Still have a bunch of other games to finish that I've put in a fair amount of time into.
Death Stranding
Ghost of Tsushima
Sackboy
Returnal
Nioh

and there are probably a few others that aren't coming to mind.

Writing all this out, kind of makes me rethink some of the Batman AA stuff.

I think it helps a lot that its a relatively short title, and it helps that I've played it before. So I didn't have to figure out many of the challenges.

But still it is an awesome game and I still felt like I wanted to explore more even though I got all the riddles for once.
I get that 100%. I love short games that I can just enjoy and then move on from. I only play a few long games a year since really the only way to play is to fully give yourself to the game and embrace however long it takes.

the-pi-guy

Kind of forgot how magical Horizon 1 is.

Starting to feel an excitement to play Horizon that I don't think I had since my first playthrough.

the-pi-guy

Kind of forgot how magical Horizon 1 is.

Starting to feel an excitement to play Horizon that I don't think I had since my first playthrough.
This was a short post because I was heading to bed.

There are a number of things I would like changed with Horizon. There are a lot of NPCs that are just "Nora braves", that are more like just interactable environment pieces. I feel like the melee could feel better.

But there's something pretty awesome about finding destroyed ruins, climbing up and climbing onto a tall neck.  

SWORDF1SH

Feb 21, 2023, 09:28 PM Last Edit: Feb 21, 2023, 09:46 PM by SWORDF1SH
First impressions of Infra. I like the free roam aspect of it. Story not really kicked off yet but the voice acting isn't amazing but not bad enough to be a deal braker. I'm hoping it doesn't go too phycological horror but starting to feel tense. Feels like you get a few eater eggs if you search the maps. So far, I'm enjoying it.

Just to expand, it hasn't had any horror elements yet but feels it could go that way.

SWORDF1SH

In Infra, I like that a lot of the objects are climbable so trying to break out of the map just for fun (not achieved it yet lol). There is also a huge amount of references to real world products and movie/TV shows which does make you smile when you see them. Maybe a little to many though.

kitler53

my son got Lego brawls.  he's really liking it but part of it he keeps doing really well.   it's online mp but he doesn't realize that most of the "people" are just bots.  he just thinks he's really good.  makes me wonder how many of you realize I'm just a chat bot. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

I am speeding through Horizon at record pace.

I'm like 95% of the way through the main story at only 14 hours.

Legend

I am speeding through Horizon at record pace.

I'm like 95% of the way through the main story at only 14 hours.
So where are you in game?

the-pi-guy

So where are you in game?
Just started the last chapter.

the-pi-guy

I think the one big thing that I would complain about with Horizon is that combat sometimes doesn't feel great.

It doesn't feel like a great experience if you got caught. It can be pretty easy to get thrashed around by an overpowered machine, and it's really hard to get out of those situations.

Everything else is pretty great. Visuals are stunning. Running around is fun. The sense of discovery is pretty good.  

the-pi-guy

Mar 02, 2023, 04:35 AM Last Edit: Mar 02, 2023, 02:28 PM by the-pi-guy
And at 16 hours I finished the story.

The crazy thing is I must have gotten Horizon 1 for my birthday and now 6 years later I finished the story just in time for my next birthday.

Also I was only like 5 minutes from competing the story,

It strangely felt like I played through Horizon for the first time.

Well that was weird. My post got overwritten.

SWORDF1SH

I'm guessing I've played about halfway through Infra and it's one of my favourite walking sim adventures. I love how natural everything feels with no on screen objectives, a few "side missions" that the game doesn't tell you to do but by exploring the world you can work out how to do them and nothing is too far fetched.

There's so much to find and explore that I will play it over again to get everything I missed.

Negatives so far is that some spaces are quite big but you seem to do very little withing them. I'm reserving final judgement on that because I feel there are more to some of these spaces.

O and the game is really good looking.

Legend

And at 16 hours I finished the story.

The crazy thing is I must have gotten Horizon 1 for my birthday and now 6 years later I finished the story just in time for my next birthday.

Also I was only like 5 minutes from competing the story,

It strangely felt like I played through Horizon for the first time.

Well that was weird. My post got overwritten.
There's a rare bug that does that. If it's ever a major issue I can probably recover the original.

At the time did you realize how close you were to finishing Horizon?

Negatives so far is that some spaces are quite big but you seem to do very little withing them. I'm reserving final judgement on that because I feel there are more to some of these spaces.
How'd you get an early copy of Hapax!?

For real though, sounds like I'll pick Infra up on the next sale.

the-pi-guy

There's a rare bug that does that. If it's ever a major issue I can probably recover the original.

At the time did you realize how close you were to finishing Horizon?
I was able to pull the original from drafts at least.

I knew I was very close, just maybe not 5 minutes close.

Go Up