Correction:

1 in 10 has life.

1 in 100 has complex life.
That's a bit better  ;D
I enjoy the *Sound Of Rain

BananaKing

Jul 24, 2015, 12:32 AM Last Edit: Jul 24, 2015, 12:38 AM by NotBananaKing
This game will become my life lol  

I remember them saying something about being hard to find your friends.. we need to figure out a spot to set up a rendezvous lol
its not hard to find your friends. its nearly impossible. actually, only theoretically its possible, but in reality there is no way you can find your friends, the world is just to massive. the only way you could meet up with a friend is if the devs add a fast travel or warp option to be able to meet one, which is something they dont seem interested in doing.

Does anyone know if this is going to be a full priced game? Price will play a big role in deciding if I want this Day 1 or not.

Looks 'big' enough to cost $60 but I already know I'm not willing to pay that. I'm afraid the game will be a huge world with nothing to do...
honestly me too. i know there is a deep economy and deep crafting system. but i dont want to just harvest, build, travel, harvest, build travel. for me there has to be a challenge, there has to be danger. so that means there has to be enemies and/or combat that pushes me to my limits, forces me to make decisions, and makes the game more dynamic. the concept of interstellar travel is just fudgy fantastic, and i think they got that aspect locked down. but if there isnt that sense of urgency, that sense danger and need to "survive" or "make it", then the game can just be really boring.

for me, the thing that got me so hyped about this game was the movie Interstellar, that movie was so fantastic. and what was fantastic about it was the sense of urgency and what was on the line, along with how interstellar travel was placed in the story's heart. if all i get is "hey, just travel from planet to planet" my response is gonna be ... umm... then what? the tech is gonna be entertaining for the first few hours, but again, then what?

Legend

Legend

All five other trailers cut into a single video. I'm getting really hyped for this game!

BananaKing

All five other trailers cut into a single video. I'm getting really hyped for this game!

you know what would have been neat, if on some planets there were full civilizations. like some planets would have civilizations that were primitive, hunter gatherers and farmers, tribes and so on. and other planets would have full cities and advanced technology way beyond ours, and different planets with different civilizations would range from everything in between those two.

Legend

you know what would have been neat, if on some planets there were full civilizations. like some planets would have civilizations that were primitive, hunter gatherers and farmers, tribes and so on. and other planets would have full cities and advanced technology way beyond ours, and different planets with different civilizations would range from everything in between those two.
Yeah I'm kinda bummed that human players are the only things we can interact with. All the space stations and depots apparently have factions behind them, but you never meet them face to face.

Legend

That's a bit better  ;D
The planets within the universe will have a 10% chance of having life on them, with 90% of them having no life on at all. Of the 10% that does have life, 90% of that will be primitive and boring. So the lush garden worlds with more evolved life forms on will be rare
This is the most ambitious game in the universe | The Verge

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Legend

wrong thread?
Their stupid media player auto updates the url apparently when it moves to the next video.

Inside No Man's Sky's Epic Space Soundtrack - IGN First - IGN Video

Dr. Pezus

Their stupid media player auto updates the url apparently when it moves to the next video.

Inside No Man's Sky's Epic Space Soundtrack - IGN First - IGN Video
YT is better!

Legend

Legend

Legend

Probably the best showing a game has ever had on TV.

Legend

Releasing June 2016.

Also is this the longest continuous pre release campaign a game has ever had? Games get announced early all the time, but NMS has never let up on the marketing. It's been at every show for the past 2 years.

Go Up