Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Massive milestone. Becomes the 6th movie in history to reach $2 billion.

nnodley

Jan 22, 2023, 09:17 PM Last Edit: Jan 22, 2023, 09:22 PM by nnodley
Crazy and that's three 2 billion movies for Cameron.  Gonna pass infinity war and force awakens for sure after next weekend

nnodley

Looks like WoW is gonna pass infinity war in a day or 2

Legend

Lol world of warcraft with a shocking upset.

Legend

Avatar 2 Passes Avengers Infinity War as Fifth Highest Grossing Film - Variety

See yall tomorrow when it becomes the 4th highest grossing movie of all time.

BananaKing

Clearly at this point it "doesn't really matter" if it crosses starwars or not, and that they will aim to do 5 movies instead of 3.

Legend

'Avatar 2' Passes 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' at Global Box Office

#4 all time now.
Clearly at this point it "doesn't really matter" if it crosses starwars or not, and that they will aim to do 5 movies instead of 3.
They casually confirmed all 5 movies a few weeks ago.

I wonder how locked in place things are. 2 and 3 used to be one script that was split in half, the same could happen to 5. Would prefer just a four hour film though.

nnodley

I wasn't sure if it would pass titanic but it looks kinda likely that it will.  But I think the titanic re-release will put it back ahead

nnodley

77-78 million left before avatar passes titanic then we will see how titanic re-release does

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

I mostly grew up as a DC fan, moreso than a Marvel fan. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian were things I was more interested in growing up than Iron Man, Spider-man, Hulk, Avengers, etc.

I'm hopeful that DC can do some good things.  

Been watching Smallville (TV series) with wifey. She's been enjoying that.

Legend

How many months till their plans fall apart?

kitler53

Jan 31, 2023, 08:08 PM Last Edit: Jan 31, 2023, 08:11 PM by kitler53
MCU is the worst part of marvel these days.   i get that it's profitable for disney but i fell behind on the MCU all the way back in 2012 with the original avengers movie.   i tried watching a view movies but all the cross over without knowing the entire "universe" makes the game really shame to watch.  MCU completely ruined watching the one franchise i love: spiderman.   now i'm just done watching any marvel movie from the MCU.  i'll watch the across the multiverse one and that's it.

if this is the direction DCU is going,.. i'm just going to bail now before it even starts.   i don't have time for that shame.  i don't want to have to watch a dozen shaming movies from franchises i don't care about in order to watch the ones i do like.   i love batman but fudge off needing to invest in terrible super heros like flash and superman in order to watch something interesting.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I'm giddy reading a positive Avatar post on reddit:  Reddit - Dive into anything

Normally Avatar is reddit's punching bag.

the-pi-guy

Go Up