PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

Destiny looked the same to me in SP, MP and co-op

Anyways, the point isn't if it can look as good as single player. Its about just looked in general. Lots of MP games looked amazing. Killzone, battlefield, for honor, battlefront and so on.

kitler53

kz looked good but not as good as in single player.  and hz was a confined map.  

destiny is only mp even in single player.  and destiny took a noticable hit in the over world areas compared to the strikes. 

the better analogy is monster hunter or eldin ring or fortnight.  open world centric gameplay with respect to the upcoming horizon game. 

if you played as much destiny as me you'll remember that 1 strike where you knew that every time you played it you have a stutter in one hallway as the next area never loaded on time.  it's a trick to segment the world do you don't have to load everything all at once. 

that trick can work in open world design if you have a single player game.  it doesn't work in open world design if you are mp. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

kz looked good but not as good as in single player.  and hz was a confined map.  

destiny is only mp even in single player.  and destiny took a noticable hit in the over world areas compared to the strikes.

the better analogy is monster hunter or eldin ring or fortnight.  open world centric gameplay with respect to the upcoming horizon game.

if you played as much destiny as me you'll remember that 1 strike where you knew that every time you played it you have a stutter in one hallway as the next area never loaded on time.  it's a trick to segment the world do you don't have to load everything all at once.

that trick can work in open world design if you have a single player game.  it doesn't work in open world design if you are mp.
Regardless, the point is is that horizons art style is the downgrade. I wouldnt mind the horizon multiplayer to look like a slightly better PS4 version at 1440p 60fps. Which the PS5 is more than capable than doing. But this art style looks like a joke.

kitler53

I like the art style myself...

...and if we assume this is going to be a free to play title with a battle pass business model,..this art style works better. 

no one is paying for new weapon skins that is grounded.  it's half the issue with Halo infinite.  people want flashy skins not "grounded" skins. 

BananaKing

I like the art style myself...

...and if we assume this is going to be a free to play title with a battle pass business model,..this art style works better.

no one is paying for new weapon skins that is grounded.  it's half the issue with Halo infinite.  people want flashy skins not "grounded" skins.
Horizons art style is flashy as fudge. I still maintain this is a huge downgrade

the-pi-guy

MLB 23 details announced.

Of course, coming to gamepass day #1.

BananaKing

MLB 23 details announced.

Of course, coming to gamepass day #1.
This is just insulting to PS+ fans.

kitler53

the-pi-guy

Grubb talks about Wolverine

Apparently slightly open like God of War. Currently targeting Fall 2024, might get pushed back.

Targeting an M rating.

the-pi-guy

Just going to throw this here:

The Last of Us Part I PC delayed.

kitler53

not even a month.  whatever.   PC does not deserve this game.

the-pi-guy

Saw this on Era.

kum1FeX.jpg

Apparently he worked at Unity for almost 11 years.

kitler53

not really excited for them to be bringing back shaun white snowboarding...

BananaKing

Sony should license decima. I think its important to have extremely capable engines that can be licensed by devs. But it seems unreal is dominating, competition is always good. And I think decima can be a good competitor.

kitler53

Sony should license decima. I think its important to have extremely capable engines that can be licensed by devs. But it seems unreal is dominating, competition is always good. And I think decima can be a good competitor.
could also be a distraction.  if you want to sell if you have to support it.   support costs are pretty much the same if you have 1 customer as if you have 100 customers.

i dunno.  not saying they shouldn't.  just saying it's probably not a easy yes either.

Go Up