PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Santa Monica is also certainly working on a new IP. (Cory's game)

BananaKing

Oh yeah it's just a ND new I.P compared to Bend is a big difference and I say that as someone who loved Days Gone. I really hope Bend's new I.P is a big hit.
Ohh yeah definitely ND and bend arent on the same level.

Im hopeful of bends studios next game. Yes they lost leadership after days gone, but generally the team has the technology and experience working on an AAA open world game. And I think they will be more adventurous with their new IP compared to  days gone, specially in the setting.

Santa Monica is also certainly working on a new IP. (Cory's game)

I really hope its a new IP, not a licensed game like star wars or something  

the-pi-guy

Chances are good, Insomniac will have released 3 new PS5 (Spider-man Miles Morales, Spider-Man 2, Ratchet & Clank) games in the same time period it takes Naughty Dog to release one (Probably TLOU Online if that comes out next year.)

Which if it doesn't, then chalk Insomniac up to 4 with Wolverine.  Assuming they don't release any surprise titles.  

Legend

Chances are good, Insomniac will have released 3 new PS5 (Spider-man Miles Morales, Spider-Man 2, Ratchet & Clank) games in the same time period it takes Naughty Dog to release one (Probably TLOU Online if that comes out next year.)

Which if it doesn't, then chalk Insomniac up to 4 with Wolverine.  Assuming they don't release any surprise titles.  
I wish every Sony studio was like Insomniac. They have a great mix of small, medium, and large games.

Although we still haven't heard anything about VR from them. Would be a big blunder if Sony told them to focus on 2D.

the-pi-guy

I wish every Sony studio was like Insomniac. They have a great mix of small, medium, and large games.

Although we still haven't heard anything about VR from them. Would be a big blunder if Sony told them to focus on 2D.
To some extent I feel like some of Sony's studios are trying to get there.
Firesprite, Naughty Dog and Guerrilla all seem to be trying to make multiple teams work. (assuming it lasts).

But it does seem like it'll be a while before it really comes to fruition.

the-pi-guy

Guerrilla is hiring big right now. 45 openings on their website.

1.) They're very openly hiring for an online project now. Which seems like it might have a different art style from the singe player titles. Very much pushing "unique artstyle" in their job listings.

2.) Still hiring for more external directors. Very curious what that would be for. Horizon mobile? More plans for a Horizon VR? Or maybe something Killzone related?

kitler53

"unique stylized look" is the nice way of saying "graphical downgrade".   

not unexpected if it goes from solo to MMO but still,..   "she's got a great personality"

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

I mean, I cant say I wouldnt enjoy a horizon co-op game. Even a PvP might be interesting.

But I hope GG at some point work on a new IP as well. I never want a studio stuck on one IP

Legend

Even more confirmation of horizon 3. I wonder why they are so open about it compared to other Sony studios.

BananaKing

Even more confirmation of horizon 3. I wonder why they are so open about it compared to other Sony studios.
Possibly because its expected and when they do so they are attracting people to hire.

I think that's why insomniac announced Wolverine so early. They probably needed a lot of new personnel and fast.

kitler53

Possibly because its expected and when they do so they are attracting people to hire.

I think that's why insomniac announced Wolverine so early. They probably needed a lot of new personnel and fast.
also because it ships march 2024 because of insomniac will have something to ship 3 months after spiderman 2...

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Still kind of crazy to me that Sony owns Bungie.

Legend

Still kind of crazy to me that Sony owns Bungie.
I really hope they do something cool with them. Old bungie was one of my favorite devs.

I enjoyed both Destinies but only played them for their campaigns.

kitler53

destiny was amazing gameplay but to loot/seasons cycle was just too much of a hamster wheel last I played.  

would play anything new that put out at least for a while. 

Go Up