Recommend Me Some Games.

Started by kitler53, Mar 16, 2023, 08:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

I'm not locking myself out, but the ones I can't play on PS5 are more interesting to me. 

and after my time with portal on steam deck,.. no I don't really want to play spiderman on the go.  just like with Vita,.. while playing all I could think is how much more enjoyable the game would be on a console with better graphics and more comfortable controllers.

I share those sentiments, but there's a covenience on playing with a handheld.  I don't have the time I used to to play, but I end up putting off games cause I want to play them on the big screen with my audio systems, etc.  I'll be like "I want to play xyz, but I have to go downstairs and setup." vs "Time to take out my GBA while I'm on the bus and play Final Fantasy".  I played FF 1-6 all on the bus/subway to university on my GBA/DS.  I wouldn't have played them otherwise.  So the point I was trying to make was; if you think you'll have more time playing something on the ride to work, then I say its worth playing it like that than waiting to setup on the big screen.

Legend

having looked at the game's page I sense sarcasm.  looks like one of those pay $1 for trophies "games".
pony island is the only serious recommendation right?   ..like are you being serious here?   looks like an actual game compared to the others.
Frog Fractions is a really loved game that I hear people talk about a lot but it's very meta. Like I think it's hidden inside another game and not sold on its own.

Soda drinker pro was a game I thought was also a meta game like the others, but looking at reviews it might actually just be about drinking soda. Huh.

Never played any of them. Doki doki lit club might be more worth your time.

kitler53

Mar 27, 2023, 05:21 PM Last Edit: Mar 27, 2023, 05:23 PM by kitler53
I share those sentiments, but there's a covenience on playing with a handheld.  I don't have the time I used to to play, but I end up putting off games cause I want to play them on the big screen with my audio systems, etc.  I'll be like "I want to play xyz, but I have to go downstairs and setup." vs "Time to take out my GBA while I'm on the bus and play Final Fantasy".  I played FF 1-6 all on the bus/subway to university on my GBA/DS.  I wouldn't have played them otherwise.  So the point I was trying to make was; if you think you'll have more time playing something on the ride to work, then I say its worth playing it like that than waiting to setup on the big screen.
i'll have ~2x 30 min gaming sessions per day on my commute.   my point to point commute is 1 hour but only 30 minutes is on the train and the rest is walking.  that's another reason that games on my steamdeck won't be great with big epic story driven games.   i need to get in and get out of the game quite quickly.   pick-up and play is going to be best for me.

but sure,.. i'll probably play a bigger game or 2 along the way.  i bought valkaryia chronicles 1 and 2 simply because i love the games but also i wasn't really getting to them on playstation.  steam deck does have the ability to suspend a game (a detail i didn't even think to ask myself before buying) so it is possible to play a bigger game and quickly put it on hold.   

but most of my time will still be on my playstation.   i don't always game (i like tv/books too) but i can spend 4 hours a night gaming if i want to.  that will be on my playstation.

Frog Fractions is a really loved game that I hear people talk about a lot but it's very meta. Like I think it's hidden inside another game and not sold on its own.

Soda drinker pro was a game I thought was also a meta game like the others, but looking at reviews it might actually just be about drinking soda. Huh.

Never played any of them. Doki doki lit club might be more worth your time.
heard about that.  it's currently wishlisted in both steam and playstation.   more likely to play on steamdeck tbh but i have a lot of games already from the steam sale.  probably a 1 year backlog if i just play everything i already bought.

also, i ordered an SD card.  want to get emulation working.  i could probably spent a year just replaying the R&C games if i can get those up and running.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

have nes, snes, N64, gc, and PS2 functional.  so much effort but it's working now. 

tomorrow morning is my first day of commuting.  including emulation I probably have 200 games to choose from.  ...I'll probably just listen to music.  

kitler53

nes, snes, N64, GameCube, wii, Gameboy, Gameboy advanced, ds, PS1, PS2 now set up.  quite sure I spent more time getting this working than I will playing these games.  ;D

so much work.  it's my first time on Linux so I've had to learn a lot.  didn't think it would take Soo much effort to learn such basic things like,.. how do you open a cmd prompt?

not sure I'll be able to get any other systems working.  my only big external HDD is formated as fat32 so my playstation can read it but that means a 4gb file size max. wouldn't be able to get a PS3 game on the system even if it would work. 

tried playing on the train for a bit but quickly went back to music.   was stressed to begin with as music is better for that.   ...but dear God does it feel too big to be convenient while commuting.  

Legend

nes, snes, N64, GameCube, wii, Gameboy, Gameboy advanced, ds, PS1, PS2 now set up.  quite sure I spent more time getting this working than I will playing these games.  ;D

so much work.  it's my first time on Linux so I've had to learn a lot.  didn't think it would take Soo much effort to learn such basic things like,.. how do you open a cmd prompt?

not sure I'll be able to get any other systems working.  my only big external HDD is formated as fat32 so my playstation can read it but that means a 4gb file size max. wouldn't be able to get a PS3 game on the system even if it would work.

tried playing on the train for a bit but quickly went back to music.   was stressed to begin with as music is better for that.   ...but dear God does it feel too big to be convenient while commuting.  
Sounds like a pretty great emulation box at least.

kitler53

Sounds like a pretty great emulation box at least.
yeah, I have a raspberry Pi but it really struggled on anything more recent than snes.  I could run N64 but most titles ran at like 10 fps. 

steam deck is pretty awesome at being an emulator. 
1. runs everything I've tried
2. portable when you want it to be with input for pretty much any system,.. like the touch screen worked well for DS titles. 
3. can be docked with a tv if you want
4. dock has USB input for my classic controllers (snes)
5. Bluetooth support for modern controllers (PS5)

kitler53

i got another "undisclosed" system up and running.  was surprised how easy it was and also how much higher quality the games run on steamdeck then on its native system.

Go Up