Twitter now owned by Elon Musk

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 04, 2022, 02:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

nnodley

I agree. The only things that should ever be censored are things that are illegal like pedophilia for example. If ifs like Facebook and it doesn't want nude/adult content on there i can understand that too.

I dont use twitter though, so whats the issue with their censorship?
Biggest thing i've seen with their censorship has been with covid.  People can have all the opinions they want with covid, but its heavily skewed towards if you aren't on the massive doom and gloom side you get banned or tweets taken off.  Unless your tweet is actively hurting someone it shouldn't matter.  People have the choice to research everything they see on the internet and if they can't do that then thats on them.  It is not on twitter to say whose opinion gets seen and whose does not.  Though i haven't really looked at twitter much lately so i don't know about how some of it looks as of now, but still seems you can get censored too easily still.  That actually goes with all social platforms. 

Now of course there are some opinions that get out of hand like with some of the anti vaccine people, but thats another thing entirely with those crazy people.