Recent Posts

Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10
Returnal is quite something.

Very fast paced. Very interesting.
I'm starting to wonder if their contract work attitude was a factor for their engine not being good.  Imagine having a group guys working on a lighting engine for 1.5 years, and then you can them all and expect the next set of temp contractors to just pick up and finish their work.
I'm also wondering if that's an issue with their dev studios in general.
Can't help, but 343i had 750 employees too. That's more than double Guerrilla and Guerrilla had no problem building Decima.

I don't understand how slipspace+infinite took 6 years. It looks so bad compared to Horizon 2.

It cannot render backgrounds during its main cutscenes. Every single time it has something like this or a wall.
Gaming Community / Re: Battle of the Backlog
Last post by Legend - Today at 02:38 AM
Maybe the port sucks.

64 still holds up as a really good platformer.
Gaming Community / Re: Battle of the Backlog
Last post by darkknightkryta - Today at 02:21 AM
After God of War I've actually been wanting to finish up stuff.  Been working my way through Sakura Wars, Wild Arms and Fair Fencer F and I'm cleaning up Xenoblade Chronicles 2.  Abandoning all side quests to just focus on the main game made the game not a slog and relatively enjoyable.  I need to do that more but my OCD kicks in :(.

On another note, before I went back to Xenoblade, I put in the 3D Mario collection.  Now, I played a bit of Mario Galaxy, I enjoyed it, got a bit bored at how repetitive it got... in the second stage, so I stopped playing it to play something else.  But I know I'll eventually finish it on the collection, but I didn't actually put it on.  I did put Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine.  Holy hell.  I get Mario 64 is one of the first 3D platformer, but it's utterly unplayable.  I'll forgive the level design.  But the way Mario moves is almost unforgiveable.  He's constantly running on ice.  It makes jumps also a lot harder than they need to be.  Or doing anything in the game that requires any kind of precision.   Which is a lot.  So I tried Mario Sunshine after and I was not impressed, at all.  Bad controls, the tutorial was so long I could only imagine trying to clean up a whole level.  To sum up, other than Mario Galaxy, I don't think I'll ever finish Mario 64 or Mario Sunshine.

Wow!

Spent 6 years updating their engine just to abandon it.
I'm starting to wonder if their contract work attitude was a factor for their engine not being good.  Imagine having a group guys working on a lighting engine for 1.5 years, and then you can them all and expect the next set of temp contractors to just pick up and finish their work.
I'm also wondering if that's an issue with their dev studios in general.
Gaming Community / Re: The Music Thread
Last post by the-pi-guy - Today at 01:40 AM

The one Chinese song I listen to.
Game News Discussion / Re: Jedi Survivor delayed to A...
Last post by nnodley - Yesterday at 11:40 PM
Lame but at least it's only like a month
Forum Community / Re: Raffle Results Jan 23
Last post by Legend - Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Another participant medal for me  :'(
Good. I'm going broke having to pay the winners!
Game News Discussion / Jedi Survivor delayed to April...
Last post by Legend - Yesterday at 11:33 PM
Forum Community / Re: Raffle Results Jan 23
Last post by SWORDF1SH - Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Another participant medal for me  :'(
Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10